What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Guess the Attendance: Nebraska

StormTrooper

Things Have Changed
Club Member
Alright, I can't wait any longer. With student passes selling out in two hours today, my excitement level has reached defcon 1, and we're still 25 days out from the game.
We know the game is sold out. The question is: how big is the number going to be?

A key factor: the students have been given back section 110, which was taken away in 2015. However, I do not believe they have made more sports passes available this year because of that. They're just expecting a higher percentage of sports pass holders to use them every game and want to avoid overcrowding. I think it will actually cause attendance numbers to be less inflated because they won't have section 110's single game tickets to count in addition to all the student sports passes, which are counted in full every game.

The other question: how much red are we going to see? Public estimates were anywhere from 20,000 (probable) to 30,000 (no chance) Husker fans last time. FWIW, Dave Plati put the number at 18k. I'd guess we see about half as much red as we saw in 2019 on account of fewer seats being available because of the student section expansion and also the massive number of season tickets CU sold this year.

The attendance record since the Champions Center construction which removed 3,000 seats is 52,829 for the 2019 Nebraska game.
The all-time Folsom attendance record, which I don't think even the most creative accounting can reach, is 54,972 for the 2005 CSU game.

I'll start the bidding at 53,662.

Other than Sal,
the worst feelings I ever had connected to CU football, was seeing that nebraska crowd at Folsom. Made me sick. And, I think it was more like 30k.

This thread got me thinking that if I was AD I'd make sure the future west side renovation landed us with stadium capacity of 62236. Maybe I should start a petition once the project is real.

Fvck Nebraska. Crowd will be at capacity.

What matters is how many surrender cobras and crying Nub fans we get photos of to post here after the game.

This thread got me thinking that if I was AD I'd make sure the future west side renovation landed us with stadium capacity of 62236. Maybe I should start a petition once the project is real.

Fvck Nebraska. Crowd will be at capacity.

What matters is how many surrender cobras and crying Nub fans we get photos of to post here after the game.
Not to derail this into a stadium expansion thread, but I think the west side renovation should involve adding a new club level/press facility where the field house is now, while also adding plastic chairback seats with cupholders between the 20s. The change in capacity would be small. Folsom is a perfect capacity. Imagine how much worse the crowds of the last 25 years would have looked on TV if they had gone to 60-65k capacity in, say, 1996. If we sell out every single game for a five years with a long season ticket waiting list, then we can talk about going to 62,236. Or maybe 56,236 as a compromise?

About 18,000 of them part of the sad parade of fusker losers leaving the stadium with yet another crushing defeat.

[Don't know why we call it crushing, at this point they have been beaten down so badly that if they are crushed any further they will look up to a corn flea.]

Lot's of tickets just went up for sale in Omaha.
Me planning a “**** it! I’m driving 8-9 hrs to Boulder for a ‘self care’ weekend, after work on Friday, and sleeping in my SUV.” I’ll make it up to the wife by bringing Starbucks on Sunday morning 😂. Pseudoephedrine can work in a pinch for a red-eye road-trip back to Omaha, right?

About 150,000 will say they were there.
All Nub fans, and they’ll all get into fights with CU fans after getting beer dumped on them…and say that CU fans laced their drinks and food with shrooms and highly potent cannabis…and slashed their tires and keyed their cars.

Back