What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Guess the Attendance: New Hampshire

StormTrooper

Things Have Changed
Club Member
Pros: The Buffs are 2-0! They beat their two biggest rivals! It's the home opener! 3 PM is within the two hour window of start times that no one can complain about!

Cons: It's not exactly an exciting opponent. There are two conference games in the near future that people might prefer to save their money for, especially considering that this New Hampshire game is priced almost as high as a conference game. The cheapest tickets before fees are $40. I seem to recall $25 tickets in the not-too distant past. Alas. Also, the home opener was the smallest crowd of the year in 4 of the last 5 seasons. I think the number will be somewhere between 2016 and 2017 because of the smaller number of season tickets this year.

Last 5 home openers:
2017 vs. Texas State (noon): 43,822
2016 vs. Idaho State (3:30): 39,505
2015 vs. UMass (noon): 35,094
2014 vs. ASU (8:00): 38,547
2013 vs. Central Arkansas (6:00): 35,168

Near-sellout, at least. I bought my tickets through the normal online methods and there really wasn't much left. The mid-afternoon start time will help. It's hard for the students and others to get their drunk on prior to those noonish game starts.

50k even. Opponent isn't exciting, but this fanbase is jacked for this team given what they did on Saturday. Will be close to a sellout, and the Denver media will have to pay more attention to us right now than usual.

50k even. Opponent isn't exciting, but this fanbase is jacked for this team given what they did on Saturday. Will be close to a sellout, and the Denver media will have to pay more attention to us right now than usual.

i'm wondering if Lindsay's success with the Broncos might help to raise the interest of Broncos fans who typically aren't even aware of the Buffs.

i'm wondering if Lindsay's success with the Broncos might help to raise the interest of Broncos fans who typically aren't even aware of the Buffs.

Maybe......but that's the type of win that the Denver media has to acknowledge-especially followed by CSU (who we gutted last week) beating an SEC team. This team isn't 2016 good yet, but its definitely a team that should win 7-8 games.

Near-sellout, at least. I bought my tickets through the normal online methods and there really wasn't much left. The mid-afternoon start time will help. It's hard for the students and others to get their drunk on prior to those noonish game starts.
It's not gonna be anywhere close to a sellout. Looking at the green dots on the ticketing website there's just no way. But hopefully the student section will be strong and there will be fewer season ticket no-shows than there would have been without the 2-0 start.

Might actually be a little better than expected. Late enough in the day that families with kids can get sports leagues done but not too late to go with younger kids.
It's a pretty perfect start time. I wish there were more games in that mid-afternoon window but everything in the Pac-12 either seems to be crack of dawn or late at night.

Back