What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Guess the Attendance: Rocky Mountain Showdown

Same as I said last year.

About 32,000 in the middle of the third quarter as the Buffs are up by multiple scores and the only sheep fans left in the building are those too drunk to move.

It will go over 70k for sure. As of yesterday the schools had sold about 62k. Between what they'll sell in 4 days and the walk-up sales, it will be at least 72k tix sold.

It will go over 70k for sure. As of yesterday the schools had sold about 62k. Between what they'll sell in 4 days and the walk-up sales, it will be at least 72k tix sold.
Mile High sold like 6k tickets last year as well. Going to be a full game.

I know many of y'all disagree, but I wish we'd keep playing this game at Mile High. A neutral site game with 70k in attendance against a rival you usually beat- sounds like a good time.

I know many of y'all disagree, but I wish we'd keep playing this game at Mile High. A neutral site game with 70k in attendance against a rival you usually beat- sounds like a good time.
In Denver:
CU: 1998, 2001, 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2015, 2016
CSU: 1999, 2000, 2002, 2006, 2012, 2014

To me 10-6 isn't "usually", and it was 8-6 two years ago.

According to Howell this time last year (after COB on Monday before the game) there were about 55.5K sold cumulatively between both schools.

This year is substantially ahead of that based upon his tweets today and yesterday- at least 62K and probably more. According to our thread last year, the ticket sales at this time were behind those of the 2015 edition, so the close was very strong (14K sold in the last 4 days). If we get 14K sold in the last 4 days this year, it'll be a sellout which would be pretty hard to believe.

Also this game historically hasn't drawn close to 70k. The problem with Mile High is that if it isn't full, the atmosphere vanishes because the stadium is so open.
I understand those points. I just think it's a fun game and atmosphere. Any game atmosphere suffers when teams are **** and people don't show up.

I will say that in recent years, it appears as though somebody got in the ear of the DPD and told them to lighten up. We haven't had nearly the problems with over zealous cops that we had prior to about 2013. It's been a noticeable difference the last 2 or 3 years. At least for us.

The stadium personnel still couldn't give a **** whether we are there or not.

I've never understood stadiums "character", the people make the atmosphere not the random bleachers and seats.

Ok, agree to disagree then.
Honest question: Have you been to the RMS in Denver? In your earlier post you made the statement that it "sounds like a good time" which suggests that maybe you haven't.

Not trying to be argumentative. Just trying to ascertain where you are coming from. Is it the idea of the RMS that you are defending, or the actual experience?

Honest question: Have you been to the RMS in Denver? In your earlier post you made the statement that it "sounds like a good time" which suggests that maybe you haven't.

Not trying to be argumentative. Just trying to ascertain where you are coming from. Is it the idea of the RMS that you are defending, or the actual experience?
Yes, I have. I've always had fun. Think years like this one have the potential to be really fun (won't be there this year, as I live in California now and try to fly in for 1-2 games).

Yes, I have. I've always had fun. Think years like this one have the potential to be really fun (won't be there this year, as I live in California now and try to fly in for 1-2 games).
Thanks. I still have fun at the game, but I just prefer the entire game day experience at Folsom so much more. I also think it sucks as a 25-year season ticket holder that I always get ****ty seats, unless I pay for the club upgrade. And I hate that ****ing cannon too!

Thanks. I still have fun at the game, but I just prefer the entire game day experience at Folsom so much more. I also think it sucks as a 25-year season ticket holder that I always get ****ty seats, unless I pay for the club upgrade. And I hate that ****ing cannon too!
No worries. I completely get where you're coming from. I love the atmosphere at Folsom - honestly, when we're doing well, it's the best spot in the country to go to a game IMO. I just also enjoy the atmosphere created by 30,000+ fans from both schools screaming at each other. I'm also biased in not actually wanting to play in Rammie Stadium. And, still have nightmares of 2009. Seeing those bastards celebrate on our field was a punch to the nutsack.

Back