1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guy decommits from Louisville ...

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Jens1893, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Jens1893

Jens1893 Moderator Club Member Junta Member

George Rushing, 3 star WR from Florida ... am I the only one who thinks it´s extremely odd to see HS recruits use the term "business decision"?

[​IMG]

2. CsquaredCC

CsquaredCC Well-Known Member

Kid should wait until Petrino comes on board later this week. My guess is that he is willing to pay pretty good money to players.

3. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

Maybe the $EC teams are showing interest....

4. Denver_sc

Denver_sc Club Member Club Member

I don't think it's odd for two reasons:

1. The term "business decision" has been overused to the point where it's part of common vernacular as a colloquialism. I interpret it to mean "a decision based on logic and hard analysis." The recruit may think it similar
    2. It looks like Louisville is going to hire Petrino. I can't think of a single receiver that Petrino has developed at any of his stops that went on to a great NFL career, but I may be forgetting someone. in the sense that some recruits view college as training ground for the NFL, the recruit may not feel that it is in his best business interest to go to Louisville.

5. Jens1893

Jens1893 Moderator Club Member Junta Member

I´ll give you 1) although you have to admit it still sounds odd.

As for 2), I´d guess it´s more about Strong leaving than Petrino.

6. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

Here's to hoping that Strong takes a bunch of recruits with him to Texas. That might create some trickle down for schools recruiting Texas.

7. TDbuff

TDbuff Club Member Club Member

Yeah, I hear it quite a bit from people that aren't in any type of business that I am aware of.

8. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

I have to admit that the use of the term "Business decision" made me raise my eyebrows. I guess it means something other than "business decision". I didn't get that memo.

9. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

Always live by What's good for Business. $EC needs to step up to get this kid in their program.

10. FLounder

FLounder The Buffs will rise again! Club Member

Also with Isaiah Ford, who plays for Trinity Christian. He's a two sport athlete that also was offered(under football) by Pitino. Talked to him a few days ago and he told me he's going to go to UF.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
  11. FLounder

FLounder The Buffs will rise again! Club Member

12. Alfred91

Alfred91 Club Member Club Member

I don't know - I could imagine the phrase 'business decision' in this context would be talking about the new coach and style of offense he runs affecting his chances at the pro level. For a guy with intentions of playing on Sundays, the recruiting process is probably full of 'business decisions'.