1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Handshakes after the game yesterday

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by KingPants, Oct 29, 2007.

1. KingPants

KingPants Club Member Club Member

I did not even notice this, but there are a lot of threads on the TT boards about the handshakes after the game. In one thread they said that Leach did not shake Hawkins hand. He said that Hawk was looking everywhere for him, but Leach went strait to the locker room. I could have sworn that I saw them shake.
    Another thread was bitching about how all of the TT players go strait to the locker room after the game, without shaking the other teams hands. This is TT fans bitching about this. Did anyone notice this, make Skids since he was there. If this is true, that pretty classless on TTs part. Sounds like leach might be a sore looser.

2. MSBuff

MSBuff Well-Known Member

I watched it to see if they were going to shake and the TT coach was no where to be found. Hawkins was looking for him hard. Soon Hawkins seem to be telling the players get on to the locker room.

3. CUBUFF80

CUBUFF80 No Stinkin' Title Club Member

Would not surprise me, never been a fan of Leach, he seems like a dirtbag. He loves to score 80 points on opponents like Sam Houston State, but gets his ass kicked at home and scurries back to the locker room without congratulating Hawkins.

4. Swish

Swish Half a bubble off Club Member

I've noticed this about Leach since he got here.
    Hot tempered, arrogant loud mouth. Tech seems to like that in a coach

5. Bill Cody

Bill Cody Well-Known Member

If this is true, I have just lost any respect that I might have had for the TT program. I have always thought that they played with a lot of pride and integrity.

Walking off the field without shaking the hand of the opposing coach is total ****ing busch league. The only instance that it would be marginally acceptable is if you thought that the other coach had done something underhanded or disrespectful (like run up the score for the sake of belittling the other team....which Leach does ALL the ****ING time)

What a baby. :cry:

6. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

I heard about that, too. But I saw footage on TV on a local TV station that captured the two coaches meeting on the field after the game. I'm not sure what the fuss is about.

An other interesting thing was that both teams came out of the locker rooms at the same time at the beginning of the game. A simultaneous player entry means both teams are met with roaring cheers at the same time. It's different, and the symbolism puts both teams on par with eachother.

What I hate is Royal Memorial in Austin. The Longhorns come out en mass from a large tunnel entrance at the south endzone. The visitors squeeze out from a tiny stairwell in the northwest corner of the stadium, way too close to UT's obnoxious fans.

7. FlatironsBuff

FlatironsBuff Club Member Club Member

I saw a pic where Leach and Hawk are together after the game and Hawk has his hand on Leach's shoulder. So this is a non-issue.

8. MSBuff

MSBuff Well-Known Member

Leach and Hawkins did not meet right after the game which is what a decent person would do. I watch until they cut the game coverage off.

When did they meet?

9. FlatironsBuff

FlatironsBuff Club Member Club Member

I was reading the TTech fan website and they were having the same discussion. The Tech fans were pissed that their coach did not shake Hawk's hand and were angry at what he was teaching the kids about sportsmanships ect. One of the fans said that he saw it (the handshake) on local news coverage, and posted a frame from the newscast where they were shaking hands. Looked very real.

Dosen't matter anyway, because we won't see him for three years, and the next time he sees Hawk he will be asking for Hawk's autograph!:smile2:

10. Swish

Swish Half a bubble off Club Member

If he is still there. Down in these parts (Texanese term btw) there are already more than a few calls for his head. They don't think he is winning enough.

11. 96 Buff

96 Buff Resident Commie Bastard Club Member Junta Member

So they don't wanna shake hands after the game. Big ****ing deal. It's not like anyone is sincere when they say 'good game' whilst shaking hands.

12. west coast

west coast Guest

I noticed Hawk looking for Leach, that's why it's so easy to dislike that guy. He likes running the score up on people, that's what he gets. No class.

13. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

You guys seem shocked by Leach's actions? Have you met a typical Tech grad?

14. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

I can't attest to how politically correct TTU fans might be. But when I was mentioning how bad TTU's reputation was at the tech gater, the response I got was "Don't buy into that Aggie propaganda."

Considering how few Buff fans even bother to go to Lubbock, I don't consider much of this smack to be credible. In comparison with any other school in the Big 12 that Colorado faces, Tech fans are tops. Definately best in the South. Most hospitable group of fans I've come across, and that's after CU beat them on their own field.

I highly recommend the TT road trip in 2011, which should be a piece of cake once Frontier starts non-stop service into Lubbock's airport from Denver.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2007
  15. Chilly

Chilly Well-Known Member

I call BS.

I have always shaked hands after a game. Whether it's a pick-up game or an organized league and I always say it with sincerity. I expect the same in return.
    Only a real wuss would not man up and congratulate the winning team after a game. A loss brings out the real character in a person.

16. AustinTxBuff

AustinTxBuff Well-Known Member

Did you see him going after the refs at halftime? His own player stopped running in the field of play instead of running out of bounds going forward, so the clock kept running. Instead of instructing his player on how to get out of bounds, he goes after the refs who made the right call.