1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hansen and Evans plan to redshirt

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by L Buff, Sep 7, 2009.

1. L Buff

L Buff Commissar of the Albuffs Collective Left Club Member

2. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

Looks like Lobato is the next savior. Should make for an interesting mix of reps at practice.

3. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

Might have to rethink that one Dan. If the offense looks anywhere as pathetic on Friday as it was on Sunday Hansen had better get a shot.

4. buffwings

buffwings Club Member Club Member

this move makes no f-in sense at all? His team sucks and he needs all the help he can get. COdy is a mediocre QB at best, why prepare use TH now? Hack is an IDOT!!

Jens1893 likes this.
  5. BuffSgt

BuffSgt Member

Hawk just keeps showing that he is out of his league more and more!! Last year was the year Hansen should have redshirted! Now he is going to play Seth Lobato and save Hansen and Clark Evans? You got to be kidding me!!! I hope Bohn is doing his homework on who the replacement is going to be because we are doomed to 3 or 4 wins this season!!!! THANKS HAWK!!!!:sad2:

6. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

Exactly. Last year he also had Ballenger as an alternative if Cody went down. If you want to RS Hansen for "spacing", that was the year to do it. Waiting until this year with no credible back-up plan is piss poor planning at its worst.... :sad1:

7. buffwings

This just keeps getting worse and worse as the day progresses? What's the news for tomorrow? CU will be put on football suspension for DH secretly using schollies for relatives or some $hit like that?

8. BuffSgt

BuffSgt Member

Or Rodney Stewart and Darrell Scott are transferring to another school to get more than a couple of plays each game!!!! DOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!!!!

9. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

**** you coach Hack! All the suspense for this? You play your best man! If Cody can't get it done, put Hansen in! This is gonna be a long season if your kiddo is the QB. And **** no, I haven't coached, but even my dumb ass knows that.

10. aik

aik Club Member Club Member

Secretly? That's been a violation in my book for a couple years now.

11. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

Indeed. :thumbsup:

12. TheRoyale90

TheRoyale90 Member

A walk-on saviour eh? Get me a Lobatomy stat.

13. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

Sooo, after all the secrecy in naming a starter for a game that only affects bragging rights, he's telling all our competition that they only have to prepare for Cody? Nice.

14. drmike

drmike Member

Has there ever been a worse time to even consider redshirting a qb than now?

15. buffwings

Not according to Coach HACK! :confused:

16. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

(And redshirting Cody shows no favoritism whatsoever)

17. Matt

Matt Nerd Drone Pilot Club Member

It makes perfect sense. Like we will be chanting for Seth Lobato to come in over Cody. :lol: I really think no matter what the score is or if we are winless Cody will not be coming out.

18. Buffsfan09

Buffsfan09 Member

I'm seriously concerned about this...I really think Scott has too much on the line to let this keep going. If something doesn't change in the very next game he is going to leave....guaranteed. I'm not so much worried about losing the RB as I am about the perception and what it could do to our recruiting for years to come...

19. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

I did not see anything in the press, but I am sure that Speedy is not 100%. He was grabbing his hammy in the 2nd half.

20. OUBuff

OUBuff American Club Member

I refused to believe that Hawkins would dare lead with Cody if there was someone better. I am one that believes in doing the RIGHT thing for the RIGHT reasons so it is often hard for me to believe others don't. This makes me believe I was dead wrong. I am very discouraged. Like I said, it will take a lot for Hawkins to earn my confidence again.:sad2:

21. buffs04

buffs04 Well-Known Member

This guy just doesn't care or refuses to accept that his son is a bad QB. He is literally going to play him this year no matter what.

22. Buffarino

Buffarino Math - how does it work? Club Member

The more I think about this, the more I hate it. You can't worry about spacing out your QBs when the team isn't getting it done on the field. And watching the CSU defense tee off on Cody on Sunday makes me think this will be a long, painful season.

When you have no deep passing game, your OL can't run block and your QB won't run even when he has an opening, things are bleak. I seriously hope the coaches are reconsidering this.

I had high hopes for Cody this year. But then again, I thought the OL would be able to run block, too. So much for that...

23. navybuff

navybuff Member

The redshirts for these guys is a bad idea.

This is a time for all "hands on deck" and sounding "general quarters".

Cody needs to step aside and they need to rep the others. Keep repping the other qb's until someone succeeds or keep moving down the pecking order.

24. KingPants

KingPants Club Member Club Member

Redshirting them for what? Dan ain't going to be around to see them play. Is he saving them for the next coach?