1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hawk Should Take a Lesson From Gruden

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Idot Buff, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

Talk about emotion on the sideline....if you can read lips and are easily offended, look out...

A little emotion can go a long way with your team...

2. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

go on a killing spree?

Attached Files:

3. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

I see your point but yelling the way Gruden does at Professional athletes is one thing, yelling like that at college kids is entirely another.

4. Buffsfan09

Buffsfan09 Member

I would argue that more passion on the college sidelines has more of an effect than in the NFL.

5. wsp4820

wsp4820 Sally Club Member Junta Member

Be more like Gruden? Do you really want our coach to be a poser who cares more about his persona on TV than anything else? Gruden yelling like a maniac doesn't accomplish anything of substance for his team. It makes the commentators remark about what an intense coach he is. He yelled a lot this weekend. Sure did a lot of good... :rolleyes:

6. CityBuffT

CityBuffT New Member

OK maybe Gruden is a bad example, but what about a coach like Les Miles? He shows the right amount at the right times it seems like to me. Its almost like a balance between Pelini and Hawkins... BUt its just not Hawks personality... Once the recruits keep rollin in and the freshmen get their experience it's going to be a glorious puzzle Mr. Hawk has put together and his emotion on the sideline will be almost irrelevent... patience is key!!

7. The Guest

The Guest Guest

Bellacek (or however you spell that guy's name) doesn't yell and has a few more rings than Gruden. Everybody has their own style.

8. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

Probably somewhere between Hawk and Gruden....some form of passion should work...

9. Rraalph 3000

Rraalph 3000 Well-Known Member

Screw Gruden....maybe something more like Pete Carroll....pretty funny stuff about how he got Will Farrell (Captain Compete) to play a prank on his team...I'd prolly bust my gut if I saw Will Farrell prancing around the football field in a speedo

http://usc.scout.com/2/806800.html

10. 2HellNback

2HellNback Well-Known Member

Hawk's got passion, sometimes I could do without his P.C. bullsh*t in the media, but I think he realizes he is on a slippery slope to start going ballistic on a bunch of Frosh and Soph... Next year, the attitude can begin to change because as you get into the system another year, the excuses dwindle.

11. Chilly

Chilly Well-Known Member

Yep thats what we need. A coach no one wants to play for.