1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hawkins press conference...

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Buff fanatic, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Buff fanatic

Buff fanatic Well-Known Member

Anyone see this? Dan's portion was only 15 minutes, pretty basic/same stuff. Then Tyler came up and answered questions. I dont have the transcript or anything in front of me, but, was talking at one point about how "Hawk keeps telling us we're getting better and better and that we were going to beat Kansas. Everyone on the team was like uhhh, we suck, we're 1-4. We did it. We listen to Hawk. We believe in him now". Thats paraphrasing, but, REAL damn close. Interesting.

2. The Guest

The Guest Guest

"Now?" Did you get the impression that he indended to convey they didn't belive in him previously?

3. Buff fanatic

I really dont know. Defintly felt he was trying to say that the teams behind Hawk and believes in him....and the win helped get them there. He seemed to go out of his way to make this point, b/c, I dont think the question had anything to do with this.

4. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

Sounds like a really bitter guy considering Coach "talkins" conspired to ruin his college career.....

5. Buffarino

Buffarino Math - how does it work? Club Member

They don't have second string guys do press conferences. I'm sure he felt a wee bit differently while he was riding pine.

Just as winning cures a lot with fans, playing time does the same with players.

6. Hugegroove

Hugegroove Club Member Club Member

To your point, "They don't have second string guys do press conferences" Also -

Probably his 1st time at a press conference & wanting to say the right things.

I hope Tyler doesn't get the idea, that he has become the self annoited savior of the team. Getting a fathead can be his downfall as well.

7. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

It can be a downfall and it can also be a blessing. We need a guy who is willing to put the entire team on his shoulders and will them to victory.

8. Buff fanatic

He talked about that---said that even though people he doesnt know are coming up to him on campus all the time now and congratulating him, he realizes that the most important thing is putting it behind him, keeping it in perspective that it's one win, and staying humble. :thumbsup:

9. Buffarino

Buffarino Math - how does it work? Club Member

I bet the quality of tail Tyler can get has risen exponentially since Saturday night. :thumbsup:

10. Scotch

Scotch Registered User Club Member Junta Member

:lol: A friend and I were saying the same thing after the game.

11. Buff fanatic

ohhhhhh yeahhh. His place is probably like a litter box these days. Well done, sir.:thumbsup:

12. Hugegroove

Hugegroove Club Member Club Member

That's great that he recognizes that it's only one game. I feel better already.

13. Bolond

Bolond Member

The Buffs have a tough game this weekend. If we start FLAT, we could be in big trouble. Hopefully, Hansen makes some early throws and get the chains moving. Hawkins needs to start winning on the road, or next week will be another long week.

14. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

That whole coach's son thing helps keep him level-headed, I think.

15. Buff fanatic

16. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

So my alarm goes off about 6:45 and I have it set to KOA. Every Wed, they have Dan on. Today he was a no show. Now, I'm sure there is a legit reason, but it kind of looks bad. He's been pretty wierd this year.

17. The Guest

The Guest Guest

Let me be the first to call you a dickwad (I mean the first for this post).

18. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

:finger2:

19. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

You need to stop this creepy obsession with the zen master. Do you have a bad haircut too? :smile2:

20. MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs Wᴉɐɯᴉ qnɟɟs Club Member

I could kind of see it in their eyes on the sideline of a couple of those games.