What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

He won't, but please don't ****ing go to Waco....

Actually, that tidbit completely guarantees that Baylor has NOT tried to contact MM or his agent. Baylor's AD 100% asks for permission from the school of any coach he's interested in before taking such steps, expects the same whenever he's had a coach others are interested in, and only this week reiterated that stance in an interview. To that end, the University of Houston recently confirmed that Baylor was the ONLY school to ask permission to contact Tom Herman and his agent.

So, despite all the rumors, Baylor has not (yet) tried to contact MM or his agent.
Well the agent thing is all BS. So many coaches have the same agent so those conversations happen without permission all the time, which is essentially the agent's job. And most important, Mac wouldn't be taking these calls and RG wouldn't approve those conversations this week anyways. Reports have come out that Baylor hopes to talk with Mac after the game Friday.

Well the agent thing is all BS. So many coaches have the same agent so those conversations happen without permission all the time, which is essentially the agent's job. And most important, Mac wouldn't be taking these calls and RG wouldn't approve those conversations this week anyways. Reports have come out that Baylor hopes to talk with Mac after the game Friday.
Baylor may very well want to talk to him after Friday. I'm just telling you that they've had zero attempted contact with him as of yet. A week ago reports were circulating that Baylor had essentially closed a deal with CM. All such reports are bull****.

Baylor may very well want to talk to him after Friday. I'm just telling you that they've had zero attempted contact with him as of yet. A week ago reports were circulating that Baylor had essentially closed a deal with CM. All such reports are bull****.
Yeah that's what I said, just added that conversations with AD's and agents happen all the time without the permission of the other AD and coach. If you think Sexton and the Baylor AD haven't talked about this I think you are being extremely naive.

Yeah that's what I said, just added that conversations with AD's and agents happen all the time without the permission of the other AD and coach. If you think Sexton and the Baylor AD haven't talked about this I think you are being extremely naive.
Believe as you will. I know people who work rather high up in the Baylor athletics department and athletics alumni organizations. But again believe as you wish, I wasn't intending to start an argument over it. More just point out that nothing has happened yet. And, for the record, MM won't leave so it doesn't matter. Him getting interest from several schools like Baylor (who can pay 5+ mil) is ultimately a good thing as it's going to push RG to make offers to MM and staff that will help shore them up for the long haul (or so I want to believe).

Believe as you will. I know people who work rather high up in the Baylor athletics department and athletics alumni organizations. But again believe as you wish, I wasn't intending to start an argument over it. More just point out that nothing has happened yet. And, for the record, MM won't leave so it doesn't matter. Him getting interest from several schools like Baylor (who can pay 5+ mil) is ultimately a good thing as it's going to push RG to make offers to MM and staff that will help shore them up for the long haul (or so I want to believe).

Since you're apparently so tuned in to the upper echelons of the **** bailer AD, etc. ... perhaps you can enlighten us as to how the **** they could justify retaining Kendall Briles and the other assistants after they fired his dad, seeing as how they were all at least implicitly responsible for attempting to cover up numerous sexual assault allegations against players?

He's not leaving Colorado, I can guarantee that. He has no particular allegiance to any one place on the map outside of maybe his earlier coaching stints but none of them are step ups. Also, he's supported here, he has the recruiting class, the facilities and the location to win. Plus, I just think he's a nice guy, some coaches are just assholes and you can tell. Mac seems to be more like the McCartney and old school coaches that believe in building a legacy at 1 place.
Bill Mac had one foot out the door and came really close to taking the SMU job. So ya never know. I'd certainly bet against Mac leaving. But nothing shocks me anymore. Even if he were to, CU is now a pretty damned attractive job. I'd be more worried about losing RG.

Since you're apparently so tuned in to the upper echelons of the **** bailer AD, etc. ... perhaps you can enlighten us as to how the **** they could justify retaining Kendall Briles and the other assistants after they fired his dad, seeing as how they were all at least implicitly responsible for attempting to cover up numerous sexual assault allegations against players?
I'm not sure what got you so worked up. We disagree on a little - and in the end, meaningless (because MM is going to stay) - matter. Besides, I know people in the current AD, not people in the admin/ BOR who made the decisions on who to fire in the AD last May.

Calm thyself, fellow Buff.

I'm not sure associating yourself with higher up Baylor athletic types is something you want to admit these days.

I'm not sure associating yourself with higher up Baylor athletic types is something you want to admit these days.
I'm not one to hide from the truth. I have republicans in my family as well, even though I'm a democrat. Neither of those things go over well In Berkeley. But I'm not one to really care what most people think of me.

I'm not one to hide from the truth. I have republicans in my family as well, even though I'm a democrat. Neither of those things go over well In Berkeley. But I'm not one to really care what most people think of me.
I'm suggesting that those people aren't to be trusted and aren't helping your credibility, if you missed that.

I'm suggesting that those people aren't to be trusted and aren't helping your credibility, if you missed that.
And I'm suggesting I'm not one to care what a random internet poster's opinion on such matters is, in case you missed that.

Again, not sure what you're so worked up about. None of this convo actually matters. In a couple weeks we'll be celebrating MM's well deserved extension and pay raise.

And I'm suggesting I'm not one to care what a random internet poster's opinion on such matters is, in case you missed that.

Again, not sure what you're so worked up about. None of this convo actually matters. In a couple weeks we'll be celebrating MM's well deserved extension and pay raise.
not really worked up, but you seem very determined to keep the HCMM to Baylor thing going. That's weird.

not really worked up, but you seem very determined to keep the HCMM to Baylor thing going. That's weird.
Not at all. I don't think he'll go anywhere. He seems to genuinely like it here, and seems like the type that would want to keep building his legacy rather than jump when it just begins to gain traction.

Are you implying that you speak to Jesus?

Bill Mac had one foot out the door and came really close to taking the SMU job. So ya never know. I'd certainly bet against Mac leaving. But nothing shocks me anymore. Even if he were to, CU is now a pretty damned attractive job. I'd be more worried about losing RG.

Very true. If RG left that would be crushing, he's a fantastic AD, business man and so forth.

I am not worried about Mac leaving for Baylor at all it is more of an indictment of Sexton the way he spreads rumors and such to get more money out of the currency school.

I'm not sure what got you so worked up. We disagree on a little - and in the end, meaningless (because MM is going to stay) - matter. Besides, I know people in the current AD, not people in the admin/ BOR who made the decisions on who to fire in the AD last May.

Calm thyself, fellow Buff.

I'm "worked up" because: 1) my blood's up in anticipation of the game tomorrow, and 2) I'm ****ing old!!

But in case you haven't been reading the **** bailer (and yes, that's how that school is generally referred to here) rape thread closely ... the consensus on this board is that that university went beyond simple hypocrisy and moved on to flagrant mendacity in their "handling" of serious sexual assault allegations.

And perhaps you're not aware that our disdain ... no, utter hatred ... of **** bailer goes back at least as far as 2010, during the PAC 10 expansion process in which **** bailer tried to pass themselves off as a superior academic school with an historically superior athletic program.

Very true. If RG left that would be crushing, he's a fantastic AD, business man and so forth.
What I worry about most is some sort of weird administration change where Benson retires and is replaced by another Bitsy or something. I know BB has been a target of wrath, but he's been pretty supportive of the program.

I'm "worked up" because: 1) my blood's up in anticipation of the game tomorrow, and 2) I'm ****ing old!!

But in case you haven't been reading the **** bailer (and yes, that's how that school is generally referred to here) rape thread closely ... the consensus on this board is that that university went beyond simple hypocrisy and moved on to flagrant mendacity in their "handling" of serious sexual assault allegations.

And perhaps you're not aware that our disdain ... no, utter hatred ... of **** bailer goes back at least as far as 2010, during the PAC 10 expansion process in which **** bailer tried to pass themselves off as a superior academic school with an historically superior athletic program.
I'm more than aware, and agree with most of what you say here. Can also relate to your first two points.

Back