What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Henderson on 87.7 last night

A one year extension doesn't resolve anything and certainly doesn't help recruiting at all. I think it goes without saying that any contract extension should be tempered in terms of altered buyout language / performance incentives. I would rather lower the base salary (which would lower the buyout) and then throw in all kinds of incentives. Give him a good payday for a winning season. Give him a payday for taking the Buffs to a bowl game. Give him a payday if the Buffs WIN a bowl game. I've got no problem with that - it makes Hawkins actually work for his money and makes it hurt HIM a little bit more if he fails to achieve. And if Hawkins doesn't like that deal - he can go elsewhere.

Contrary to what I saw someone else post - I do NOT think Hawkins is a PR nightmare. In fact, after the years of Barnett and his "foot in mouth" disease, Hawkins is a great sigh of relief. Sure, he says quirky things, and occasionally says things that piss off former players and big booster, but he never says things that make the University look bad to outsiders. That is the PR image the University wants to protect.

The biggest problem at this point is that - from a recruiting standpoint - this football program is REALLY going to be behind the 8 ball in a couple years. We are not recruiting ANYBODY right now, and I think Hawkins is right that his ability to recruit is negatively impacted by his coaching contract situation. He currently has 2 years left on his contract after this year. If he doesn't get an extension that says to recruits that he is going to be there for a while - recruiting will suffer (even more than it already is).

Regardless of the final Win-Loss record Bohn has to ask him this question, "Has Hawkins shown me enough to to give him a 4 Year extension?" If so you give him the extension. If not you have to let him go. No matter what Hawk tells everyone, there should be no grey area in this decision, it does absolutely nothing good for the program to do anything but those 2 options.

To this point I don't think we are going to have to worry about it being a tough choice, but stranger things have happened.

unless he takes us to a BCS game, I want him gone. maybe the score after the Mizzery game will change you mind. Hawkins + road game = disaster

I'm fine with those stipulations. If he meets them then I will accept him as the coach for the next year. However, like some have said, no firing him after the bowl game if we lose, wtf? Fire him immediately following the Nebraska game or not at all.

anyone who would even begin to think that Henderson would have gotten this info from Bohn is on Fantasy Island.

anyone who would even begin to think that Henderson would have gotten this info from Bohn is on Fantasy Island.

He doesnt need to DiStephano said almost exactly this to the press months ago, and I've heard the same refrain from my contacts at CU since Feb.

I don't trust a word out of Henderson's mouth. The man is a yellow journalist and if he in fact divulged off the record information from MB, then this only reconfirms that. This thread needs much more Henderson bashing.

I don't trust a word out of Henderson's mouth. The man is a yellow journalist and if he in fact divulged off the record information from MB, then this only reconfirms that. This thread needs much more Henderson bashing.

I've said it before, but I've got knowledge from someone who used to work with him in the newsroom that he is a complete and utter asshole, and a barely competent writer. Dude is also has a full hard-on for Oregon and isn't afraid to peddle them via the news print.

I've said it before, but I've got knowledge from someone who used to work with him in the newsroom that he is a complete and utter asshole, and a barely competent writer. Dude is also has a full hard-on for Oregon and isn't afraid to peddle them via the news print.

Did he get his journelism degree from Mizzou?

gary barnett had a contract extension on the table when the team was 7-2 and ranked in the top 20 in his final season. he lost his job following the pounding received in the last 3 regular season games plus the debacle against texas. hankewitz coached the bowl game as the interim hc.

just a little stroll down memory lane...

things like this are fluid.

the only way hawkins and company are assured of keeping their jobs is to win and exceed expectations. undefeated at home, plus 1 road win, is, imho, not going to be enough. if he manages 9 wins and doesn't get crushed by anyone in any games (bonus points if they make it to the b12 champ game and don't get crushed there or in a bowl game), then i suspect they will be safe.

limping in at 8-4 with another cal-like loss or more than one on the road won't do it.

Back