1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Here's some things to do while in SLC

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Tacoma Ute, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Tacoma Ute

Tacoma Ute New Member

2. SanDiegoUte

SanDiegoUte Member

If there is one thing (most) Utes and Buffaloes can find some common ground with, it is beer and booze. While we do have plenty of LDS fans/alumni and we love them and respect them, the rest of us Utes enjoy our alcohol. A lot. As an aside, you will notice that LDS and non-LDS Utes coexist peacefully because we don't judge each other. There is a huge difference between LDS Utes and LDS BYU douches. If you only knew Mormons from meeting them at Utah games you would wonder why so many people dislike/hate them.

If you make it to the game tomorrow, please stop by the tailgate lot on the southeast corner of Guardsman Way and 500 S and have a few drinks. Take a friendly walk-through with your CU gear on and I guarantee you will get some free beers/shots. Also, prepare to be treated so well that it sickens you. Most visiting fans think there is something wrong with Utes because we are, with a few asshole exceptions, nice and welcoming to a fault. I have a theory that it has to do with Utes spending so many years surrounded by the worst people on earth that now any alternative whatsoever is like rain in a desert.

I'm not even sure UU and CU will ever be able to build a rivalry because your best efforts to piss us off will never ever compare to what we still deal with on a daily basis. Honestly, Utes are just happy to be in the PAC and be associated with schools like Colorado and Cal instead of BYU and Wyoming. If anything, I see reasons for the Utah and Colorado "rivalry" to be one of the friendliest in the country. The PAC is going to always lump CU/UU together as "the new guys", even in 20 years. They still do that to ASU/UA and it has been over 30 years for them. I look forward to Colorado getting back to form and competing in the south with Utah. I would love to see us both tearing it up and pissing off the old guard. If there is ever a year where the two best teams in the PAC are the Buffs and Utes, people's heads will explode with rage. That excites me a lot more than pretending to hate a school and fan base we have more in common with than we have differences.

We are both escaping abusive relationships at the same time - Utah with BYU and Colorado with the Huskers - and it will be hard to take all of that hate with us. Good luck tomorrow and hopefully next year will be a big step in the right direction for both Utes and Buffs.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2011
  3. Burrito Palazzo

Burrito Palazzo huff my smug Club Member

Thanks fellas, good luck tomorrow! But not so much luck that you win.

4. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

Hey Shasta, take note.
    San Diego customized his post to be relevant to the buffs. No way he used the copy/paste function from the SLC chamber of commerce brochure to post this welcome message to every other P12 visiting team message board.

I'm looking forward to hearing about the hospitality this year, and experiencing it in person sometime down the road.

5. 96 Buff

96 Buff Resident Commie Bastard Club Member Junta Member

Where do I find the hookers & blow?

6. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

7. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

Now where have I heard this kind of **** before?? :lol:

8. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Great. All we need. More self-proclaimed "classy" fans.

9. rynobuff

rynobuff Club Member Club Member

There is stuff to do in SLC?

10. Burrito Palazzo

Burrito Palazzo huff my smug Club Member

Sorry to disappiont SDU! Well, not that sorry.

11. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

Yeah like beating their asses.

12. btbuff

btbuff It's an inside joke Club Member

13. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

my favorite thing to do in SLC is WIN.