What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

How Colleges Bend Admissions for F-ball players

I really liked the one quote:

Esherick also understood another reality: "Coaches have been told many times, 'If you don't win, you're going to get fired.' I was never told, 'If you don't graduate players, you'll get fired.' "

I'm really not sold that the "APR" is gonna fix that, but I'm not sure what else can be done.

One caveat on the Special Admits - if a school has a policy stating they will (without further question) accept any athlete meeting the base minimum requirement set by the ncaa, then they wouldn't need to have a Special Admits process. It wouldn't surprise me one iota that a few of the schools listed in "not having Special Admits" section do exactly that - ncaa qualed = auto admission.

Back