1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Colleges Bend Admissions for F-ball players

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by BuffSax, Sep 12, 2008.

1. BuffSax

BuffSax Member

A pretty interesting (if obvious read).

I love how high OU's bar is on this. Although I'm shocked not to see the 'skers grace this list. However, CU's on there for not allowing any special admits. Go Buffs!

Chart

Last edited: Sep 12, 2008
  2. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

I really liked the one quote:

Esherick also understood another reality: "Coaches have been told many times, 'If you don't win, you're going to get fired.' I was never told, 'If you don't graduate players, you'll get fired.' "

I'm really not sold that the "APR" is gonna fix that, but I'm not sure what else can be done.

One caveat on the Special Admits - if a school has a policy stating they will (without further question) accept any athlete meeting the base minimum requirement set by the ncaa, then they wouldn't need to have a Special Admits process. It wouldn't surprise me one iota that a few of the schools listed in "not having Special Admits" section do exactly that - ncaa qualed = auto admission.