1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How huge is "The Bubble" now?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by DBT, Dec 15, 2007.

1. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Man, with the run of weather we've been having, I can't imagine how practices would have gone without the bubble. I wonder how the snow covered campus backed by the Rocky Mountains and the team hitting the practice field under the bubble will effect the 6 recruits visiting this weekend?

In years past, the team would be in Balch Field House. Yuck.

2. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

yep, according to a player i talked to (don't know his name) on the creek path he said they are in there running in the early week twice a day and having official practices later in the week (number of official practices total being limited he said--thursday, friday, saturday etc--something like that).

and since i live right down here close to the bubble/practice fields and walk home on the path at night.....lotta other squads are using the facility. women's soccer, rugby. there's usually something going on there most nights. i think the band was in there playing wed or thursday late afternoon.

3. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

It certainly an upgrade over past years and I would think it helps recruiting some. And it is also good to hear that all the programs are getting plenty of use out of it.

4. GoldenBuff

GoldenBuff Club Member Club Member

The band did take advantage of the bubble last Wednesday, squeezing in one extra pre-bowl practice in its comfy confines. I have nothing but good to say about the bubble. The acoustics were a little weird, but there was no way we were going to be able to practice on Farrand or anywhere else outside. I think it's really cool that the bubble is really benefiting more than just football. I also think that the donors on this project will see a huge payoff on their investment, in the form of a more prepared football team as they're playing in December and January in the coming years and also in the form of a stronger athletic department all around.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2007
    FlatironsBuff likes this.
  5. The Monk

The Monk Club Member Club Member

Yea this and the new strip clubs downtown Boulder defiantly are recruiting boons.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2007
  6. DBT

Yuck yuck. :sad2:

7. 92Buff

92Buff Well-Known Member

HUGE!!!!!!!!

8. DBT

News 4 did a report from the bubble. They were inside. Damn. That thing is huge!

9. IDBUFF

IDBUFF Active Member

My son claims the lacrosse team will use the bubble at 6 am three mornings a week this spring - the indoor facilities are great many activities - now gotta get Hawk to ask for a structure like he got here in Boise

10. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

Just no blue astroturf, please.

11. RalphieMalph

RalphieMalph Well-Known Member

Yeah, that wouldn't fit with our colors at all. We should get gold turf... yeah, with glitter and **** in it! :thumbsup: