What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

How many commits this weekend?

No commits this weekend??

Cue the Denver Broncos In-Com-Plete sound byte:

Wah-Wah-Wah-Waaaaaah

Seriously, I hope it went well and some of these kids see the great opportunity here at Coloado.

To add a little info: some kids come on their Official Visits solo, without one or both parents (this weekend more than 50% of the visitors, for instance). IMO, these coaches are men of character that wouldn't expect or pressure a player to make a life-defining decision without someone close to them being present and involved in that decision (not every college program operates this way, mind you). I think that's why you should see more commits coming after an in-home visit. As a parent, I totally respect and appreciate that.

To echo Kthom and Mo, our family had a BLAST this weekend! So fun to see the boys getting to meet each other, their future teammates and coaches for the first time and see "light bulbs" going on about what this team is really planning on accomplishing! The "family" message is not just lip service, it's a mindset. I felt all who were there this weekend could feel that. The future looks BRIGHT for us Buffs, believe it! #Buffs4Life

Well, if about half didn't have parents with them then it makes a lot of sense to wait to close. Even those who did likely have a 2nd parent, grandparent or other family members/friends who are involved with the decision and couldn't come. Kudos to the coaches for doing this the right way. Plus, if everyone gets a voice and is part of the decision it becomes much less likely that anyone would be able to come in and get the recruit to decommit from us. I love the in-home follow up strategy.

Great info, B4L. Thank you.

To echo Kthom and Mo, our family had a BLAST this weekend! So fun to see the boys getting to meet each other, their future teammates and coaches for the first time and see "light bulbs" going on about what this team is really planning on accomplishing! The "family" message is not just lip service, it's a mindset. I felt all who were there this weekend could feel that. The future looks BRIGHT for us Buffs, believe it! #Buffs4Life

Would you mind sharing the time table for the "official" activities this weekend and giving a little report on the activies they had planned etc.?

To add a little info: some kids come on their Official Visits solo, without one or both parents (this weekend more than 50% of the visitors, for instance). IMO, these coaches are men of character that wouldn't expect or pressure a player to make a life-defining decision without someone close to them being present and involved in that decision (not every college program operates this way, mind you). I think that's why you should see more commits coming after an in-home visit. As a parent, I totally respect and appreciate that.

How much did you guys talk about allbuffs? I bet it was the main dinnertime topic, right?

Don't agree. I don't see some of these kids visiting any other 3-10 programs so to me, it tells me a lot about how the coaches are doing. We're finally back in the door recruiting against the likes of Michigan, SC, Oregon, Ohio State among others, right where we should be. Results are going to take some time on and off the field.

We've heard this before. You sign them great, getting visits and them going elsewhere year after year means nothing. This isn't horseshoes.

Keep waiting for Scout emails on new commits.....come on, man.

Ricky+Ricardo.jpg

Lucy! You got some 'splanin' to do!

Last edited:
I think we'll get a couple guys to actually pop on their visit this weekend.

Do not see how the numbers work if they take both Mosley and Lewis.

Shrug. Is Mosley a corner or a safety? Sounds like Lewis is a corner.

That's one concern I have about the DBs we're taking. Mosley and Walker look like safeties to me. We must get Crawley and or Wright.

I really want Tupou and Abron.

Those are two guys where I think you can throw out the less than spectacular premium site ratings and offer lists. Film doesn't lie and these dudes can ball.

I really want Tupou and Abron.

Those are two guys where I think you can throw out the less than spectacular premium site ratings and offer lists. Film doesn't lie and these dudes can ball.

I would agree somewhat but hawk had these same types who looked good on film and he was slammed for it. This staff is expected to do better, much better than the previous staff. Let's hope it happens.

I saw Abron at the game and told him to be a Buff and he said, "Yes sir."
Also saw Yuri and gave him some love. He was with Terrel. I didn't see any other recruits

Updates should be trickling in tonight and early this week. Hopefully we start landing some of these guys

Back