1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to become a national power

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by DBT, Sep 13, 2011.

1. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

2. DBT

Can't believe this went unnoticed.

3. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

it went unnoticed because it is horse ****, the reductions are for nothing more than our training table issue. Talk to me when OSU or Miami gets a penalty.

4. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Do you really believe this is the primary reason Boise State became a powerhouse?

5. absinthe

do you really believe he read the article?

6. HotRack

HotRack Rez BubbleHead Club Member

I was in Idaho when BSU ****canned their AD of 30 years, Gene Bleymaier, over this incident. BSU can't even cheat right - all of the "major" infractions were in men's and women's tennis. No **** paying players going on there.

As for the football stuff, like bs said above, it was on the level of our training table "infraction" and it only happened one time. Overall, BSU in football is clean.

The tennis and gymnastics programs however, buncha dirty little bitches.

7. absinthe

Would you mind intro'ing me?

8. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

Nailed those tennis whores.

9. ThndringHerd

ThndringHerd Well-Known Member

Good form. When given a choice, always save the gymnasts for dessert.

10. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

I'm still having trouble reconciling BSU with the term powerhouse. Obviously they are way ahead of us right now. But in the last few years they have a few nice wins to go along with some bad losses and a lot of close calls in their league. I'll believe it when they play and continue to win 10 games when in a powerhouse conference. Their schedule this year is 41st by NCAA method and 51st by Phil Steele's power rankings. Ho-f'ing-hum.

11. The Guest

The Guest Guest

Are you ****ing kidding me? **** you NCAA. **** you, you dirty ****ing pricks.

Rep to anybody who lists the actual infractions, in the case of BSU, but if I remember correctly it was something about a tennis player getting her racket strung by a pro (it sounds so much dirtier than it is) and maybe a football recruit sleeping on someone's couch. Seriously, what did they do? Help me out.

****, Ohio State features players going all out getting freebies for their football status. Pryor is driving a different car every week from a dealership, which most probably had an arrangement with the school's NCAA compliance director! Digest that for just one moment.

And the NCAA can look away while Rhet Bomar (or whatever his name was) gets money for nothing (and his chicks for free), and gives USC mostly a slap on the wrist for some pretty heavy stuff. Oregon? Mother-****ing Auburn? OSU?

This really pisses me off. Go after Boise State? Why? Because they keep mucking up the BCS money scheme?

Nine scholarships against BSU? That'll teach those Buckeyes not to cheat.

****ing ridiculous.

12. GoBuffs08

GoBuffs08 Well-Known Member

Under the tenure of the former head women’s tennis coach, the program provided prospective student-athletes impermissible cash payments, educational expenses, entertainment, lodging, transportation and practice sessions, according to the findings of the committee. The program additionally allowed a student-athlete to compete one year beyond her eligibility. Further, during the investigation, the former head women’s tennis coach violated the principles of ethical conduct when he knowingly committed and failed to report NCAA violations. The committee also found the former head women’s tennis coach provided and encouraged others to provide false or misleading information to NCAA enforcement staff. This coach was found for a failure to monitor and promote compliance for his role in NCAA violations.
    A former assistant track coach was cited for unethical conduct in the recruitment of a prospective student-athlete. After an unofficial visit by the prospective student-athlete, the former coach provided the prospect with a check to partially reimburse travel expenses in relation to the trip. During the formal investigation by the university, the former track coach provided false or misleading information on three occasions.

The committee also cited recruiting, impermissible housing and transportation violations in the football program during the summers of 2005 through 2009. In particular, it noted that the football violations occurred over a lengthy period of time and involved 63 prospective student-athletes.

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect...ate+cited+for+major+violations+in+five+sports

1 person likes this.
  13. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Whether the NCAA proved it or not, the truth is that BSU (like almost every program) engages in a lot of secondary infraction behaviors during recruiting. These are things like extra phone calls or pushing the envelope with "bumping into a player" while at their high school. CU is probably too clean in these areas given the competitive landscape. I haven't heard anything about BSU being like a lot of programs where you see players getting things like "signing gifts" from boosters that can be worth thousands of dollars to the player.

14. DBT

Not at all. Just a bad attempt at humor.