1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How was this guy allowed on the field last season?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Jens1893, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Jens1893

Jens1893 Moderator Club Member Junta Member

How the **** did he get to play last season?

Lions' first-round pick sentenced to probation, must pay $52,000 for bar brawl

[....]

Cherilus and teammate DeJuan Tribble, stars at Boston College, were celebrating Cherilus’ 23rd birthday with teammates at a bar last July when they intervened in a confrontation between a patron, Sean Maney, and a State Police sergeant, Joseph Boike, a part-owner of the place.

Maney testified in Boston Municipal Court that Cherilus grabbed him in a two-arm choke hold and dragged him across the room while Boike and Tribble repeatedly punched him, according to the Boston Globe. Maney testified that he and Cherilus slammed into a table, that he lapsed in and out of consciousness, that Cherilus and Tribble kicked him, and that he suffered a spinal injury that required surgery.

[....]

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080626/SPORTS01/80626016/1049

Last edited: Jun 26, 2008
  2. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Catholics are forgiving.

3. RalphieMalph

RalphieMalph Well-Known Member

That's pretty unbelievable... thus far I have not been impressed with the Goodell administration.

4. Keesy9

Keesy9 New Member

Its not Goodell, that would have been the NCAA and BC. He just got drafted this past April.

5. RalphieMalph

RalphieMalph Well-Known Member

Ahh, my mistake. I thought he'd been drafted last year and this offense happened prior to his rookie season... I think the fact that it happened on his 23rd birthday (little old for college) threw me off... or maybe the fact that I pay absolutely no attention to the Detroit Lions or BC unless there's absolutely nothing else on television.

6. Dorn09

Dorn09 Well-Known Member

lol