What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I have a shameful confession about the basketball tournament this Olympics

Also didn't look like the US team put out a lot of effort on defense until they had to. They were letting guys drive to the hoop without bothering to even look like they were helping. Also didn't put out much effort moving out to challenge the shooters from the outside when the offense went inside out.

My impression too. They had at least as much time since the end of the season to the games to practice as they have in the preseason. I think the fact that they are a bunch of prima donnas translates to this being the type of game they want to play.

My impression too. They had at least as much time since the end of the season to the games to practice as they have in the preseason. I think the fact that they are a bunch of prima donnas translates to this being the type of game they want to play.

It´s the NBA game. The NBA is hero basketball with lots of iso plays etc. whereas international basketball is more about the basics and fundamentals.

man Kleiza killed it in the game. He went after Melo over and over knowing he would play no defense.

there is no way this team could beat the 1992 team. I am sorry for even thinking they had a chance. If you combined both rosters the 2012 team might have 4 of the top 5 athletes, but the 1992 team actually gave a ****.

Argentina trying to turn this into a bad soccer style cheap shot contest. US got pissed of and turned up the intensity.

If the US gets Argentina again intensity won't be a problem, don't think it will be close.

Stupid stupid STUPID move by the Argentines. Their only hope was that we sleep walked through any potential future matchup.

Spain had a 39-37 lead with 7 mins left in the 2nd. Let´s see if they can hang with the US for more than a half ... although the scoring pace probably heavily favors Team USA.

Spain is giving it everything they have and the US seems out of sync. Spain has enough NBA players that they aren't going to be intimidated or in awe of the US players.

On the other hand the US has way more depth and talent. Spain already has some serious foul trouble and eventually the shots that the US is missing will start to fall.

Spain has way more talent in the stands thought, some seriously hot looking fans.

Rudy Fernandez looks like he has been taking flopping lessons from the soccer players.

Pau Gasol kept Spain close in that 3rd quarter. He's on the bench now with a ding but should be back in soon I'm sure. Marc Gasol and Lebron playing with 4 fouls.

Spanish players are smart, they know how to get the US players frustrated. US has never gotten into a rythm this game. US team defense is non-existant.

would anyone like to see Tad as the US Men's basketball coach? It would be tremendous exposure for the program, but it would take up a lot of his time.

and yes I know there is no chance of this happening.

would anyone like to see Tad as the US Men's basketball coach? It would be tremendous exposure for the program, but it would take up a lot of his time.

Maybe as one of the assistants if Bill Self got the gig.

Good to see these guys get it done. Im not a big Lebron guy but man credit where its due, he had the ultimate year. He has really grown as a player and quickly.

I was actually wondering the same when I saw Coach K there after the game.

Is LBJ really only the third guy after Jordan and Pippen to win a NBA title and Olympic gold in the same year?

I was actually wondering the same when I saw Coach K there after the game.Is LBJ really only the third guy after Jordan and Pippen to win a NBA title and Olympic gold in the same year?
Not sure but he won Nba Mvp, Nba finals mvp(i think), Nba title, Olympic Gold. Did MJ win the Nba Mvp in 92? I was thinking Drexler did. Either way, unreal year for him.

Back