1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have to say

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Unleash Hell, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

Maybe it's just that I'm almost in a drunk state right now because of my sleep deprevation. But I feel confident against NU every year because of the rivalry factor and the last 15 years we have played with them fairly well. I am not confident in this years game. Sucks because I want one more win against them.

2. The Guest

The Guest Guest

I didn't see the KSU game, but checked the box score. That was an impressive offensive yardage total--especially when you consider the Watson factor.

3. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

Whats depressign is how far Nebraska has come along in such a short time. Seeing them dominate like that on the road after all our road troubles.

4. BIGREDIOWAN

BIGREDIOWAN Well-Known Member

Leash, nothing is for sure in todays college football environment. Any team can win on any given day and surprise the ranked teams. I'm always cautious when we play you guys because the game can go either way. Do I think our team is good............don't know for sure yet. We'll find out over the next three games Texas, OSU, and Missery. I'm nervous as hell about that OSU game, we haven't played good down there for a long time, but Martinez doesn't seem to let the pressure bug him away from home. Just win your games, we'll win ours and make that game the day after Thanksgiving the one for the North. That's the way we should both go out. With one last big **** YOU to the Big XII by being good teams.

5. 92Buff

92Buff Well-Known Member

They are good, but it is definitely tough to tell how good. I couldn't watch until the third quarter, but the KSU team I saw was horrible on defense. I sure hope they bring that defense to Boulder in November.

It will be intersting to see how our d chooses to stop the "gashers" (can't wait to hear HaLk talk about those) and force TM to beat us with his arm. It will also be intersting to see how we game plan on o - it was obvious that KSU has limited ability to throw the ball.

All in all I expect another tight game with the corn this season.

6. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

The Martinez kid made very good decisions about when to keep/give up the ball in the little I saw, a lot of which were replays since I joined the game late in the 3rd quarter at 31-3. I'm sure a lot can be chalked up to a lousy defense on the other side of the ball, for example, despite his great start this year, no one was spying him, or maybe they were just incompetent.

7. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

For a team like KSU - that plays the option on offense - they did not appear to have any idea how to defend the option.

Nebraska's QB shredded them like he was Tommie Frazier.

8. BinaryBuff

BinaryBuff mmmm...beer Club Member

On a couple of plays, the KSU safeties & 'backers took horrible angles. Not sure if Martinez was that much faster than they expected or if the KSU guys are slow or don't know how to take an angle.. Maybe a bit of both. Corn better hope that Martinez can stay healthy.

9. UrbanaBuff

UrbanaBuff Member

We always play NU tough. Even last year... we totally blew, they were good, and we only lost by single digits.

10. UrbanaBuff

UrbanaBuff Member

I'll tell you what, Martinez impresses me more than Denard Robinson.

Denard is like a whirling dervish, with arms and shoelaces flying everywhere. Martinez' running style is tall and effortless.

11. PhillyBuff

PhillyBuff Club Member Club Member

I havent seen a QB be that quick and deceptive with handoffs since Tommie Frazier. Martinez is GREAT with the handoff/ option/ keeping it himself.....

We will have some trouble wth him unless our D can get emotionally charged for this one...

and Leash... don't get so upset over your predictions... they are usually wrong anyways.... I see this as a POSITIVE!

12. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

There have been seasons where Nebraska was an undisputed juggernaut offensively/defensively (much more convincingly so than this season) and CU was just as shaky as this season (1997, 1998, 1999, 2000 for starters) and Colorado still needed misfortune to lose in heartbreaking fashion to the Huskers. We also get to see alot more film of the Huskers before we play them last. Nebraska played their best game so far last night, but K-State was horrific on defensive assignments.

CU-NU "The Final Chapter" will be close as always.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2010
  13. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

You can't judge a late November game based on an early October performance. Relax about Nebraska. They don't matter for now.

14. CUBUFF80

CUBUFF80 No Stinkin' Title Club Member

I gotta admit I was impressed, the QB does have some wheels. Not sure if he just looked that much faster because the KSU defense is so slow.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2010
  15. BuffAlum2007

BuffAlum2007 Well-Known Member

Martinez was pretty impressive last night but at the same turn, K-State's defense was absolutely terrible...

16. TheEvilBeak

TheEvilBeak Member

I don't get it...first K-State was going to run wild and we would find out what NU had after this game. Now..KState sucks, etc...

Which is it going to be? Is Texas the measuring stick? Okie State? Pick one and stick with it.

CSU Husker likes this.
  17. MrFrumpylane

MrFrumpylane Well-Known Member

IMO, Okie State. Proven ranked team on the road.

18. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

I said I was impressed with the win.

But still, I don't think Nebraska has beaten a team that ended the season ranked in years and years. We know Nebraska's back when they get a big win. That might not happen until the conference championship game if they win out.

19. sweaty teets

sweaty teets Club Member Club Member

we don't have to tell you ****, quite honestly.

20. CUBUFF80

CUBUFF80 No Stinkin' Title Club Member

Our board our rules, and to answer your question - yes.

21. UrbanaBuff

UrbanaBuff Member

Is K-State ever really good? Even when they were winning 10 games a year in the 90's, I still didn't consider them really good. Have any of their guys ever done anything in the League?

22. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

I am surprised to see a NU thread from Unleash.

23. TheEvilBeak

TheEvilBeak Member

Fair enough. Okie State it is. Texas is still a little worrisome, though.

24. TheEvilBeak

TheEvilBeak Member

I think we move on to the next cell and do this to Texas...

[​IMG]

25. Tytechortz

Tytechortz Member

You'll have homosexual butt sex with texas? Wow. After watching Boys don't Cry, which took place near Lincoln, I'd be kind of worried for your players. Anyway, it will be interesting to see what Martinez can do when someone really loads up against the run. He throws a really bad looking ball. Maybe it's because he's still learning to throw. And if he ever gets hurt, Green doesn't look that good.

26. BuffMania

BuffMania Banned BANNED

[​IMG]

27. PhillyBuff

PhillyBuff Club Member Club Member

that is not ghey, he is buttsexing a *****cat