What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I love this defense

Duff Man

Club Member
Club Member
Junta Member
Simply one of the best defenses in school history. Given our history on that side of the ball, that is saying something.

You could argue the defense won us three games this year with little help from the other two phases. So much fun to watch!

They are so damned disciplined. In position to make plays and working together nearly all the time--- it isn't our most physically gifted defense ever, but damn they are a great defense, playing together.

I don't know how to describe Tedric Thompson and especially his game today without exaggerations. A phenomenal player and his last game in Folsom was one to remember, going to kill it at the next level.

He probably should of had 4 picks tonight. Great game.

The whole game I was going, "damn, Utah's NFL DL is as dominant as expected," "damn this is the game Utah wants and knows how to win," "damn Utah field position is perfect."

And don't get me wrong they were damn stout. But our defense was handed some pretty hilarious and downright terrible football situations and they completely won the matchup against an offense that had been far more prolific and dynamic than anyone expected for this year.

The whole game I was going, "damn, Utah's NFL DL is as dominant as expected," "damn this is the game Utah wants and knows how to win," "damn Utah field position is perfect."

And don't get me wrong they were damn stout. But our defense was handed some pretty hilarious and downright terrible football situations and they completely won the matchup against an offense that had been far more prolific and dynamic than anyone expected for this year.
Agree. I just found it strange that we didn't even attempt to establish Lindsey and the ground game. The coaches obviously believed it was a lost cause.

I have to comment on Awuzie in general but also specifically on his special teams effort on the long Utah kickoff return. Buffs had finally taken the lead back after that exruciating third quarter, where it seemed like the Utes were in the red zone for all fifteen minutes of it. Kick returner breaks free and is on his way to instantly take CU's hard fought lead away. But wait, who's that guy taking the perfect angle? None other than Chido! Hustling like all hell and pushing the guy out at the three yard line. Of course, the Buffs held Utah to a field goal and never again relinquished the lead. Such a huge stanza phsycologically.

Hats off to Chido! He is a great Buff and tape of his relentless effort there should be shown to future Buffs special team players for years to come.

My firstborn, assuming I have one, will be held to the standard set by this defense. No stars, just grit and smarts.

I don't know how to describe Tedric Thompson and especially his game today without exaggerations. A phenomenal player and his last game in Folsom was one to remember, going to kill it at the next level.

He was simply spectacular, and I hope NFL scouts who were present took notice.

Simply one of the best defenses in school history. Given our history on that side of the ball, that is saying something.

You could argue the defense won us three games this year with little help from the other two phases. So much fun to watch!

Yes they are badass. This game, Stanford, UCLA, and , frankly, others were wins as s result of the resiliance of the defense were wins. We are a very tough, grind it out, resiliant football team as a result of the D.

Back