1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I now know why Hawaii sucks on the mainland

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Buffarino, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Buffarino

Buffarino Math - how does it work? Club Member

If what I heard on Saturday is correct, I know exactly why Hawaii sucks when they leave the islands to play in the mainland and I can sum it up in one word:

Vegas

I heard Saturday that when they come to the mainland, they don't go home in between games. Instead, they stay in Vegas for 2-3 weeks at a time. They do their coursework online and they work out and practice out there and then fly to wherever the game is that week. Must be cheaper than flying back and forth is all I can figure.

Can you really expect a bunch of college guys to concentrate on football when they're in Vegas? No way. They're out living it up.

2. InTheBuff

InTheBuff Club Member Club Member

I'm surprised they didn't come to Colorado & get used to the altitude for a week.
    They could have easily stayed in Greeley and used UNC field when the Bears weren't.

3. wsp4820

wsp4820 Sally Club Member Junta Member

I would assume they have some sort of deal worked out in Vegas to be their "permanent" home away from home. Seems like it would probably get costly and logistically difficult to find suitable facilities in every place they go every year.

4. HotRack

HotRack Rez BubbleHead Club Member

Vegas is un-officially known as the "eighth island" in Hawai'i. When locals go on vacation, they go to Vegas. Lots of (relatively) cheap non-stops between HNL and Vegas, plus there also some great package deals to be had if originating in HNL for the trip.

Also, from what I could tell, when/if locals migrate to the mainland, Vegas is the main place roots are planted.

5. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

:yeahthat:

Vegas is the preferred destination for many Hawaiians. They love it.

6. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Listen. They brought along 3,000 fans. I doubt they'd have been too happy hanging out in Greely for a couple of weeks.

7. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

I don't know if this has anything to do with it. There are a lot of mormons, for whatever reason, in both Vegas and Hawaii.

8. MontanaBuff

MontanaBuff Club Member Club Member

I don't know how long they have been working with Vegas, but I know they stayed over at the same place in 2009.

Hawai'i played Washington State in Seattle, then played UNLV the following week, so they went to Vegas after playing the Cougars. They then camped there the following week before going on to play Louisiana Tech.

They might have had a good experience last year, and just decided to go back again in '10.

9. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

I always think I have a good experience in Vegas and make plans to go back. That doesn't mean it's necessarily a good or productive idea... :lol:

10. Buffarino

Buffarino Math - how does it work? Club Member

Yep. There's a reason I refuse to book any kind of business trips to Vegas. I know damn well that the business side of things will suffer if I try to mix the two.

11. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

Vegas has one of the biggest area's for mormons...

12. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

Agreed, I look at some of those CPE seminars they offer in Vegas. The ones that start at 7:30 or something in the morning and turn you loose on the town around 3:30. Yeah, I'm really going to be making it to those before it's time to pack up for the day... :lol: