1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I predicted 3 Danny mistakes would cost us the game....

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Idot Buff, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

.....did not see the game, and did not "watch it" on Gamecast. I assume I am correct in my prediction. Someone please confirm.

2. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Called a timeout after a 3rd down incompletion.

3. Darian3Hagan

Darian3Hagan '89 Player of the Year Club Member

1. He decided to pretend to be a football coach

2. He had his son follow him to CU

3. He left his lunchpail on the bus.

4. buffwoman526

buffwoman526 Club Member Club Member

He failed to resign before the game started.

5. InTheBuff

InTheBuff Club Member Club Member

missed FG in the red zone

6. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

I almost stormed the field when we attempted and made the PAT after our first TD!

7. Unleash Hell

I turned to my dad right before that and said, "We might as well just go for it, he's gonna miss."

8. 4DemBuffs

4DemBuffs Most admired poster Club Member

that was kinda dumb. he has been pretty good at the EP's. shoulda stormed the field when the FG was made. your priorities are all out of whack, ul. :lol:

9. Unleash Hell

It was mainly in reference for going for 2 last week

10. wsp4820

wsp4820 Sally Club Member Junta Member

Things that struck me today about the coaching:

1. Play calling. For example, we had 2nd and 1 on the 5 and ended up kicking a FG on 4th and 4 from the 8. We had 1st and 5 from the 26 and called three straight passes that led to Goodman's missed FG.

2. On the Clemons questionable incompletion we left our offense standing on the field for the entire play clock waiting for a review and then ultimately called a time out before punting. Get the ****ing punt team on the field and be ready to punt if you don't get the review you're hoping for (or challenge it, although I'm not sure how the challenge rules work).

3. The position grouping was again a dead giveaway on what we would do. Every time that I can remember except for ONCE, when the Ebner/Espinoza/Richardson group went out there we ran a draw to Stewart. Mix it up!

4. The team continued to get stupid penalties. We had two 12-men on the field penalties on defense, two false starts on punting downs that moved us back five yards.

5. The team looked like they knew they were going to blow it in the 4th. No life, no fire, no energy.

11. 4DemBuffs

4DemBuffs Most admired poster Club Member

ah, i see. well then, you missed your chance. we are all very dissappointed in your good behavior this week then. way to go leash!!! :wink2:

12. Jens1893

Jens1893 Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Do you seriously think there´s a point in trying to analyze games at this point of the HaLkins Error?

13. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

Did you see Rhodes during ISU's victory over UT? Emotion and fire.....Danny has none of it....

14. Swish

Swish Half a bubble off Club Member

Thanks Wispy, I listened on KOA yesterday and drew some of the same conclusions.
    Especially on your point five I kept thinking as things were going down the tubes, "would a Barnett led team have crumbled at the end like that?" The last two weeks the Buffs have just opened the door and let teams walk right back into the game.

15. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

There is no "challenge" system in college football. Supposedly, EVERY single play is reviewed by the replay official. It is up to the replay officials (or the officials on the field) to stop the game to conduct the review. Sometimes a team will call timeout between plays, to prevent the other team from rushing up and snapping a play real quick, or to give the officials some extra time to review. But the coaches / teams don't have any authority to tell the officials to review a play.

16. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

I know that a lot has happened since Barnett left, but you have obviously forgotten how Colorado was beating Iowa State in Ames in 2005, only to lose the game in the 2nd half. You forgot how the Buffs got whacked by a pretty bad Nebraska team a couple weeks later - only scoring 3 points, at home. And you forgot how the Buffs were completely and totally dismantled, 70-3, by Texas in the Big 12 championship game.