What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I understand where Alfred Williams is coming from

So basically he is saying that Embree ****ed himself when he came out and proclaimed getting to a bowl game as the goal for the 2012 season.

I would think a smart guy like Embree who was playing a team made up of mostly freshmen and sophomores, with USC, UCLA, Oregon, Stanford, etc. on the schedule would know not to make such lofty aspirations with a team filled with so much youth.

Of course it could also be that the youth excuse is a complete red herring since lots of other teams play with freshmen and sophomores, and do pretty well.

Embo is a small insignificant part of the problem. Yes Embo lacked experience, but the guy had the toughest job in the country in my opinion even for an experienced coach. The team was decimated after Hawkins left. He has to field freshmen against teams like USC that average top 5 classes each on a consistent basis. Difficult work, I am a buff alumni, I wouldn't have taken the job, he was paid the lowest salary in the conference. He had to deal with outdated facilities. Embo biggest mistake was not having experience co-ordinators to help with his transition.

Embo is a small insignificant part of the problem. Yes Embo lacked experience, but the guy had the toughest job in the country in my opinion even for an experienced coach. The team was decimated after Hawkins left. He has to field freshmen against teams like USC that average top 5 classes each on a consistent basis. Difficult work, I am a buff alumni, I wouldn't have taken the job, he was paid the lowest salary in the conference. He had to deal with outdated facilities. Embo biggest mistake was not having experience co-ordinators to help with his transition.

Do not forget that vaunted Sac St Team! They were loaded.

embo is a small insignificant part of the problem. Yes embo lacked experience, but the guy had the toughest job in the country in my opinion even for an experienced coach. The team was decimated after hawkins left. he has to field freshmen against teams like csu, sacramento state and fresno state that average top 120 classes each on a consistent basis. Difficult work, i am a buff alumni, i wouldn't have taken the job, he was paid the lowest salary in the conference. He had to deal with outdated facilities. Embo biggest mistake was not having experience co-ordinators to help with his transition.

fify

In this day and age with how fast coaches are turning programs around, I do. Plus, we all know that college athletes are professionals anyway.

I think this is a VERY key point.

2000 - Oklahoma wins BCS championship in Bob Stoops 2nd year.
2001- Miami wins BCS championship in Larry Coker's 1st year.
2002- Ohio State wins BCS championship in Jim Tressel's 2nd year.
2006 - Florida wins BCS championship in Urban Meyer's 2nd year.
2010 - Auburn wins BCS championship in Gene Chizik's 2nd year.

In 2012 - Arizona went 7-5 with 1st year coach Rich Rodriguez.
In 2012 - UCLA went 9-3 with 1st year coach Jim Mora Jr.

UW went 5-7 in Sarkisian's first year (after Willingham went 0-12 the year before)
Jim Harbaugh went 4-8 his first year at Stanford (after Walt Harris went 1-11 the year before)

I think this is a VERY key point.

2000 - Oklahoma wins BCS championship in Bob Stoops 2nd year.
2001- Miami wins BCS championship in Larry Coker's 1st year.
2002- Ohio State wins BCS championship in Jim Tressel's 2nd year.
2006 - Florida wins BCS championship in Urban Meyer's 2nd year.
2010 - Auburn wins BCS championship in Gene Chizik's 2nd year.

In 2012 - Arizona went 7-5 with 1st year coach Rich Rodriguez.
In 2012 - UCLA went 9-3 with 1st year coach Jim Mora Jr.

UW went 5-7 in Sarkisian's first year (after Willingham went 0-12 the year before)
Jim Harbaugh went 4-8 his first year at Stanford (after Walt Harris went 1-11 the year before)

2012 Ohio state goes 12-0 in a season with nothing but pride to play for in Urban Meyers first season

Back