What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I want to say Thank you Buffs

Drewdown

Tonight was far from the fairytale ending we all hoped for and maybe this is too early for some but as bad as these last two games were it was still one hell of a season! I forgot how much fun college football and Folsom field can be! This team lit the spark. I don't think all is doom and gloom. Montez is Sefo on roids and will continue to excel. Offense should be solid next year. My wish is we part ways with BL. He decided to basically go conservative in our two biggest games this year and it reminded me of the offense of the past few years. Tonight's play calling was light years apart from the games called early in the year. I think we hand the reigns to Chev. Gonna need to fill some holes on D and hope we find another solid DC. That's the only bitching you will hear from me. Winning 10 games and almost pulling off two major wins at the big house and the collesseum was as much fun I've had during losses maybe ever. The future is bright. We have talent coming in, the facilities are here and we are loading the bandwagon. ****, my bro was in from out of town for Christmas and all the CU gear was sold out in all the sports stores around town. This team will still be remembered as setting the foundation even with a heartbreaking end to the season. Thank you to all the seniors and especially Sefo. He turned out to be a critical piece in helping this program find its identity and we will move onward and upward. I will always love this team and have nothing but respect. I think we just ran out of some of the magic we had early on and it exposed the talent gap. I do believe the talent is coming and we are well past the dark ages. Thank you again the 2016 Colorado Buffaloes. You are a squad I will never forget. Can't wait til fall to beat on the lambs! Shoulder to shoulder! Go Buffs!

there is no "still". this team gave us so much.

sting will go off of last night. hurts now, but hey. that was a pretty good team we played.

in reality, there was a line between CU and the best teams we played. and that's OK. it's our job to make that line go away.

starting now. and i like it.

Yep just gotta build off of this year. Tweak some things, all will be good. Gotta crawl before you walk, we crawled, time to walk.

It was an amazing season, unexpected because we've grown used to failure. Two years ago (2014), we seemed on the verge of breaking out. Overtime (& double overtime) losses, playing straight-up with most conference foes - this year (2016) was the breakthrough i expected last year (2015). Not sure why it was delayed a year, perhaps there was a "losing culture" that had to be overcome, but anyway it was what we've been (impatiently) waiting for, and the post-season is already fading as I review the 2016 successes.

Last edited:
What a season!

10 wins is a big deal any year, but to do it from where they came is amazing.

At the end of the day, we'll look back and say that they weren't good enough to beat the four Top 10 teams on the schedule but beat everyone else thrown at them including some Top 25 teams. Some great and lasting memories from this season.

Make no mistake about it, this was a once in a generation season. NOBODY saw this coming and this team took it upon themselves to achieve double digit wins and a division title. The kids (especially the Seniors) and coaches on this team that fought through the leanest of times saw their mission fulfilled by rebuilding the strong foundations of Colorado Football. I think the next steps for this program will continue to be amazing.

Shoulder to Shoulder

A very good season. Exceeded expectations. If CU can get back to a consistent bowl team and compete in the P12, I am a happy camper.

there is no "still". this team gave us so much.

sting will go off of last night. hurts now, but hey. that was a pretty good team we played.

in reality, there was a line between CU and the best teams we played. and that's OK. it's our job to make that line go away.

starting now. and i like it.

Edited title because you nailed this! So proud to be a Buff!

Thing is the guys that are finished, they showed the young guys how to be successful. That said, the ones that wanna step forward, need to do just that. Go Buffs!!

So much fun this season and this team came thru in a way nobody expected. It is fun to watch the team again and that is a massive change. In addition, it is nice to have it hurt again when the Buffs lose. I did not realize how numb I had gotten to the losing.

These Buffalos allowed the fanbase to believe again and it also helped create new fans of the program. Anyway you cut it, this was one he'll of a season.

Thank you Buffs!

Dissapointing end but a great season that exceeded everyones expectations.

Thank you for making CU football relevant again.

Great September through November!

It was like old times with Folsom magic in full bloom. The Rise was real up until the last echos of the Utah rush of the field disappeared into the Boulder night.

December = The Collapse

These last two games in December were deja vu cringeworthy. So CU can't have really nice things?

Sure hope the school, AD, coaches, players, recruits, and fans figure out what sustainability really means.

Sure hope 2016 isn't just a once-every-fifteen year anomaly. Let's build on this year and become that destination location that elevates the program. When the lights are brightest, and the nation is watching, THAT is the time not to blink, to RISE, and be uncommon.

That brass ring was seamingly in reach one month ago.

Now it's back to the drawing board.

Nope just keep moving Skiddy. Now they have something to build from. Pretty damn special year, ended ****ty but that comes with it. Proud of these guys.

Back