1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i watched about 30 seconds of the Heisman show

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Mick Ronson, Dec 12, 2009.

1. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

the dumbest, most pointless thing ever. all sound and fury and lame-ass promotional nonsense and ESPN constant reach-arounds and tromboning, signifying nothing.

talk about stupid. i really don't care about Desmond Howard that much.

BFD.

2. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

I wait until about 50 after to turn it on. Who can stand for another Tebow/Colt lovefest?

3. mdelpizzo_1

mdelpizzo_1 My Dixie Wrecked Club Member

BOOOOOOMMMMMERRRRRRRRR SOOOOOOOOOONNNNERRRRRR, I can still hear it and the look on Sam Bradford's face when Billy Simms kept going was priceless.

[video=youtube;t1mI9WooCzw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1mI9WooCzw&feature=related[/video]

4. aik

aik Club Member Club Member

I hate awards shows anyway: TV, film, music, sports... The fact that it's on ESPN just means it will be more overhyped drivel.

The merits of the Network will be shown after the ceremony, when they air "The U," a doc which I will actually watch and enjoy.

5. Mick Ronson

word on the OU boards is Billy likes to enjoy a few beers from time to time.

6. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

I didint' have a problem with Billy Sims doing that. He's happy for another OU getting into the club got no problem with him shouting out Boooooooomerrrrr 500 times.. It livens up the ceremony.. :lol:

7. 4DemBuffs

4DemBuffs Most admired poster Club Member

yes.... 50 minutes of drivel about 4 guys who will not win the award. just get it all over with. it can be done in 15 minuets. you can give clips about what great things each player did and then move onto the award. i dont give a dang that colt and tim cant finish a big sammich. shoot. i could. does that mean i should get the heisman? :rolleyes:

8. MSBuff

MSBuff Well-Known Member

:nod:

9. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

My local station billed it as one of the biggest nights in college football. I think any game is bigger, even Tenn-Chattanooga at Grambling. I personally am watching a replay of Couture-Lesner.

Mick Ronson likes this.
  10. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

I just have it but am not really watching, just waiting to see who wins. Looking forward to watching "The U" after the Heisman show.

11. Mick Ronson

i'm watching K State put it on ranked UNLV by 22 in hoops. at Vegas.

12. aik

aik Club Member Club Member

The only awards in sports I care about are the ones where the immediate results are determined on the field. Read: Championships.

Halls of fame, now those are ceremonies I like more, but the results are made public in a press release usually. Then it's a celebration of a storied career without the lame suspense factor.

13. bombay

bombay Club Member Club Member

It was worth watching because of how genuinely thrilled Ingram was.

14. 4DemBuffs

4DemBuffs Most admired poster Club Member

that was a good part of it. well worth it. seems to be a good kid. :thumbsup:

15. buffwings

buffwings Club Member Club Member

haha, no Heisman for Texassholes, and no Suh nubs shtheads either, Abalama's first Heisman. I predicted Ingram, he's going to look good beating the whorns for the MNC.