Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by sackman, Jun 10, 2010.
Just random speculation on a glorious day for Colorado Athletics.
The hiring of Hawkins (a "West Coast" guy), Mike Bohn (San Diego State after other stops), and our complete ignorance of recruiting in Texas would all be bullet-points in that conspiracy theory.
And it is one that I subscribe to.
Great to be an official member of the Pac-10!
One thing will be sure though, if it is just us or just us and Utah to the PAC, whoever takes over for Hawkins needs to do some serious recruiting work down in Texas since we won't be playing down there outside of an OOC/Bowl game.
EB will do it.
Coach Mac did it in the Big 8 days, and it worked well. So it can (and should) be done.
That would truly be the icing on the cake of this whole thing. We know he can recruit and we know he can recruit the west coast. We know he can motivate and the guy has been coaching for over a decade now in college and the pros with great success!
I'm beginning to warm to the idea of hiring EB as the head coach, although I remain concerned about his lack of coordinator experience.
It's all about context...he'd be better than what we have.
No. It's not about context. Better than what we have now is not hard to do. Dave Logan is better than what we have now. Just about anybody would be better than what we have now. Better than what we have now is 6-6. I don't want 6-6. I want 10-2.
I think the oil spill in the gulf of Mexico will cause a massive subduction of the ocean floor, triggering a tsunami that inundates Florida. And this was caused by a North Korean submarine attacking the BP Deep Horizon well under the orders of the environmentalists. I love me a good conspiracy theory.
So let's get this CU conspiricy straight:
- CU could never have left the B12 if they were relevent.
- Thus it was in CU's best interests to become irrelevent.
- Thus Coach Hawkins intentionally threw the CSU and Toledo games and ceased any recruitment in the B12 states.
- The administration was willing to suffer the blowback from a 3-9 season by retaining Coach Hawkins.
- The buyout money was transfered from the "Fire Hawkins" account to the "GFO B12" account. (The 50 Millionaire Club has 200 members)
- The Denver Post was instructed to downplay the importance of CU
- The CU administration played the part of Cool Hand Luke, knowing that Pac 10 bid was in the bag.
- The CU admin and Denver Post ignored the insults from Texas and Baylor contengency while those Lone Star dolts rampaged like a longhorn in a china shop, thereby sabotaging the B12's future.
If Benson and DeStephano and Bohn are that good, then a national championship is just around the corner.
Coach Hawkins really is a home run, because the Pac10 invite was what he meant by "cleaning up the little things". It was this conference reallignment news that was "about to pop". When he said "10 Plays Away" it was a veiled reference to the Pac10. It's so obvious now.
Getting the NCAA to nail U$C was just icing on the cake.
- This strategy put all the pressure on Mizzou and Nebraska to take the heat.
Brilliant. Do you think the CU admin knows about the aliens kept at area 51?
does crazy run in your family or are you the "lucky" one? :smile2:
We can do better. We really need to get over the idea that "CU all-American" is the most important thing that a candidate can have on their resume'. :rolling_eyes:
As much as I try to ignore reality, it aways comes back to slap me in the face.
Don't forget the 10 wins quote. It was really about beating the original PAC teams.
Separate names with a comma.