What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

If CU has any pride...

jizzrag85

They’ll fire somebody right? Mac is staying (for now) but we have no pride if we leave this staff intact, that was abysmal and this season was a travesty because we should have been better.

They’ll fire somebody right? Mac is staying (for now) but we have no pride if we leave this staff intact, that was abysmal and this season was a travesty because we should have been better.
In the words of pre stroke Corso "not so fast my friend"

Changes have to be made. Theres no way around that. personally i would like to clean house sav chev/hagan though. After that I wouldnt mind seeing a complete overhaul. My initial reaction is bring in a guy like les miles. And now i feel even more so that way now that UCLA hired chip. Thats going to be easy recruiting for him i think. And i think we need a big name coach to give our program some 'flare' we need something exciting and i think bringing a guy like Les Miles would get us a lot more looks than we are getting under a guy who had 1 good season with recruits that were all seniors from embrees recruiting class. I was a bigtime mac supporter but last season was due to embrees class. Im ready for something new..

I think Chev deserves a decent amount of the blame.

He could have done better, but his overall contribution is a plus for this team and program!
Things we know and do not know:
DL was great last year and likely will be better, so coaching there is acceptable
RB performance was solid, but we need to see Bish, Lee, or Fontenot take the baton and roll like PL, coaching is acceptable
LB play is spotty, because the right players are not in there. Not sure yet if Els is a positive or negative, he likely comes back.
DB play was weak with the techniques of press and man coverage. Not sure if coaching there is up to par
QB play was not good enough. That is coaching and play calling to match the QB. Coaching was not acceptable
WR play should have been better, but the group coming back next year is potentially out of this world, and the coaching needs to rise up to match it, but it is acceptable.
OL play was the worst overall group on this team, the coaching was unacceptable!
DEFENSE overall was not good enough, but the group is very young. Elliott is on a short leash as of this second.
Special Teams were so much more improved with the kickers making kicks, and it was not mentioned that Alex Kinney is now a legit punter.
So, the summary is that LINDGREN and ADAMS should be shown the door as of now, and ELLIOTT needs to have a crystal clear standards to meet.
Finally, the 10th coach that we add needs to be a stud recruiter, and preferably a QB coach. Move Chev to OC, and replace Lindgren with a WR coach.

He could have done better, but his overall contribution is a plus for this team and program!
DL was great last year and likely will be better, so coaching there is acceptable
RB performance was solid, but we need to see Bish, Lee, or Fontenot take the baton and roll like PL, coaching is acceptable
LB play is spotty, because the right players are not in there. Not sure yet if Els is a positive or negative, he likely comes back.
DB play was weak with the techniques of press and man coverage. Not sure if coaching there is up to par
QB play was not good enough. That is coaching and play calling to match the QB. Coaching was not acceptable
WR play should have been better, but the group coming back next year is potentially out of this world, and the coaching needs to rise up to match it, but it is acceptable.
OL play was the worst overall group on this team, the coaching was unacceptable!
DEFENSE overall was not good enough, but the group is very young. Elliott is on a short leash as of this second.
Special Teams were so much more improved with the kickers making kicks, and it was not mentioned that Alex Kinney is now a legit punter.
So, the summary is that LINDGREN and ADAMS should be shown the door as of now, and ELLIOTT needs to have a crystal clear standards to meet.
Finally, the 10th coach that we add needs to be a stud recruiter, and preferably a QB coach. Move Chev to OC, and replace Lindgren with a WR coach.
Good post. I just wanted to point out Chev isn’t without shortcomings. He struggles in pushing the right buttons with certain players imo. I think the arrogance of Montez and the receivers did not work. I think Chev encouraged that

I probably disagree with at least half of this, but I don't want to argue tonight.

But one thing I can't let go -- DL coaching is acceptable to you? I'm blown away that anyone thinks that.

Guys we need a complete overhaul but save Chev and Hagan imo. Everyone else can go.. i understand the chev criticism i really do. But he has a connection to these players that i dont think would be easy to replace. I think that would be a big loss if chev was gone. Without chev imagine what our recruiting classes would look like..

I probably disagree with at least half of this, but I don't want to argue tonight.

But one thing I can't let go -- DL coaching is acceptable to you? I'm blown away that anyone thinks that.

If there was one area that was not coached well, it was the d line. It was not the only area but it was a huge problem.

Buffnik, I am also too tired to argue, but I was talking about 2016 concerning good play and good coaching. Each one of those guys played really well. This year was not overall acceptable, but Mulumba improved every single game and looks to be a solid DE starter next year with some weight training and coaching. Edwards is a flop, and not sure who would man the other side. Point is that the talent is not up to par, so not sure if Jeffcoat's coaching could have impacted the Stay Puff Marshmallow man. It could be upgraded and I would not have a problem with that. Goodbye 2017!

Buffnik, I am also too tired to argue, but I was talking about 2016 concerning good play and good coaching. Each one of those guys played really well. This year was not overall acceptable, but Mulumba improved every single game and looks to be a solid DE starter next year with some weight training and coaching. Edwards is a flop, and not sure who would man the other side. Point is that the talent is not up to par, so not sure if Jeffcoat's coaching could have impacted the Stay Puff Marshmallow man. It could be upgraded and I would not have a problem with that. Goodbye 2017!

He's dead weight recruiting he and Bernardi must go.

defense was a disaster this season. Could not stop a run game, Dbs beat deep all season.
Love PL, but amazes me how every other team we play, rolls Rbs out almost every series, like 4/5 deep at RB? We still show our ability of making backup QBs look like all American players, been doing that for years.

We badly need a “QB whisperer” for Montez. If we don’t get someone who can get through to him and teach him situational football, all of his talent will be wasted.

its a new day! still pissed about the whole season but will be at the can today rooting for a team that so far has been very entertaining!

I was too tired this morning to put this to clips from the season...but this is the perfect song for the 2017 Buffs

So if you recruit poorly enough, you get a pass on coaching? Good to know.

If Montez starts again, they all deserve to fired on the spot. And Chev just looks better by comparison to the sh*t on the staff. If he was really that good, he wouldn't be a pseudo co-coordinator at CU.

Back