1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If CU was in the Pac10 Last Season

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by BuffSurveyor, Jun 10, 2010.

1. BuffSurveyor

BuffSurveyor Club Member Club Member

What would be the Win / Loss record have been if the Buffs played in the Pac10 last season?

While you are thinking about it, what would the W/L record be if the Buffs would be in the Pac10 this season?

I'm not sure I see much of a different out come for last season, or for that matter next season too.

All things being equal in terms of money made from the new conference affiliation, CU needs to still pump much more donor money into the pot to stand on the same footing with the top half of the Pac10 teams. It's going to take a long time and fan patience to be a top team in the Pac10. At least USC got handicapped for a few years with their sanctions, as mild as they are.

Just my thoughts on a very active off season summer week.

2. The Guest

The Guest Guest

We would have still lost to Toledo pretty badly in our OOC schedule, so you fill in the blanks. Probably about the same. The Pac 10 is a very good conference. I'd argue last year they were overall better than the Big XII. Two years ago Pat Forde made a compelling argument that the Pac was better than the SEC (based on quality wins and head-to-head competition). It wasn't so compelling that I actually believed it, but compelling enough to demonstrate that the Pac is the real deal.

We'll need to be a much better team before we compete there.

3. Ruckus

Ruckus Peep my words. Club Member

small FIFY on the last word.

4. OKCBuff

OKCBuff Well-Known Member

Maybe one more win? Thing is, the non-conference was so bad and mentally demoralizing that the future track wasn't going to be good no matter what league we were in. Gotta get off to a better start. You win CSU and Toledo at least and who knows how much better of a season it is. Good starts cannot be underestimated.

5. Varsity

Varsity Member

We would still suck.

6. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

I haven't heard one person say that this move will help make Hawkins a better coach.

7. OKCBuff

OKCBuff Well-Known Member

Hawk has been told CU is moving to the WAC. He'll be unstoppable next season and beyond.

8. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

:yeahthat:

buffsurveryor: We still have issues but I really haven't followed Pac 10 football that much so I don't know what our record would have been.

I'm thinking with a new coach like EB coming in next year could give us a boost in donor support and maybe we can hit the Pac 10 with some mojo in 2012.

9. BuffSurveyor

double post, not sure what happened.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2010
  10. BuffSurveyor

triple post, I'm going to bed.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2010
  11. BuffSurveyor

That's what I was thinking. Perhaps Hawkins can take a position at Chadron State as a position coach when he moves on.

12. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

The dreaded triple post.