1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If Dan's Cody/tyler song and dance drives you crazy

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by absinthe, Mar 30, 2010.

1. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

2. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

:lol: Kiffin is something else...please, please, please keep him. He's an accident waiting to happen. His departure from UT was some of the funniest stuff I've ever seen.

3. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

I feel really good about this strategy if a coaching genius like Kiffin is doing it, after all he has won the SEC, the MNC, even the super bowl, or he hasn't won squat. What are the chances that even with all the talent Kiffin is the USC head coach in five years.

Is Kiffin the USC version of Dan Hawkins, if so I really want us to go to the PAC 10

4. fatbuff

fatbuff Well-Known Member

The only bad thing about Kiffin, is the benefit to the weasel. He must be ****ting himself for the luck.

5. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

This is not going to end well for USC. They have a boatload of talent there, and that will keep them competitive for a long time, but they simply can't keep going forever. Pete Carroll was both a blessing and a curse for that program. He brought them to unbelievable heights, but his departure left a void that simply cannot be filled.

No better time to be heading to the Pac 10 than now. Or, should I say, in 2012.

6. BupsJones

BupsJones Active Member

Just think, if we join the Pac 10, every ridiculous think that comes our of Coach Hawk's mouth will be an after thought with USC's upcoming troubles and Oregon's potential imlplosion. I'm sure Rick over at UCLA will have something fun on the horizon, too.

7. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

Of course it will be an afterthought, since by that time he will be coaching at East Bum**** JC. Or at least we can only hope.... :sad1:

8. LongHaulBuff

LongHaulBuff Club Member Club Member

9. mdelpizzo_1

mdelpizzo_1 My Dixie Wrecked Club Member

The mroe and more things go on in the Pac 10, the time to jump is looking better and better. Kiffen with the talent USC has will win 9 - 10 games this, and gradually decrease. Trouble in Oregan and Mike Belloti our next coach, things are looking good for the future!

10. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

You wonder if Hawk can attract high character kids to East Bum**** JC though. He might not be a good fit for that school.

11. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

Are you saying kids with a twinkle and a good handshake don't enroll at JCs? I'm not sure if the research has been done, but it's an interesting suggestion....

12. Buffarino

Buffarino Math - how does it work? Club Member

The difference is that Kiffin has two legit starter options to choose from. I'm not saying he is doing the right thing, but at least both guys have the physical tools...

13. absinthe

'Rino I have to disagree with you there, he has three starting options with tools and size, only one is legit.

14. Buffarino

Buffarino Math - how does it work? Club Member

Not disagreeing there. The point is they have the physical tools. Cody does not, yet here we are in year #5. It's like ****ing Groundhog Day.

15. Razorbuff

Razorbuff Member

This. Mustain wasn't great as a starter at Arkansas, but he managed to go 8-0 as a true freshman. Both guys have potential and were 5* recruits, it's not the same situation as it is here.

16. absinthe

You've seriously followed these two and your making this argument? Tyler is better than Cody but it is sort of close, neither have great tools. While both these guys have great physical tools the difference in game reediness, leadership, and ability is far greater than Cody/tyler

17. Razorbuff

Razorbuff Member

I'm not quite following what the problem with my argument is/was?

18. Nor Cal Buff

Nor Cal Buff Well-Known Member

Let's not forget Carroll Lite at that bastion of rule following in Seattle.

19. sackman

U-Dub is looking very good for a run of success for the next 4-5 years. Not so much because they're getting better, which they are, but because there is utter turmoil in the rest of the conference. I hope said turmoil doesn't cause problems for a CU invite. That would be tragic. I don't know about you, but I'm SO ready to be rid of the Big 12.

20. Hugegroove

Hugegroove Club Member Club Member

21. buffs04

buffs04 Well-Known Member

Kiffin appears to be a great recruiter. What makes you guys so sure he will fail? We've seen first hand here in Boulder that talent isn't everything and knowing at least something about football is important, (Montana State... CSU... Toledo... EWU) but doesn't Kiffin have really good assistants?

22. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

i'm in favor of the Pac move, but i don't think the Big XII has been bad for us. "be rid of"? our problems football-wise begin at home....i think some people see a conference move as some kind of indirect fix for losing seasons. what are the real reasons for hating on the XII? just curious....and not because you'd rather travel to Eugene or Seattle than Manhattan or Ames.

23. sackman

I've come to the realization that all decisions that are made in this conference go through Austin first. This is turning into a new fangled version of the SWC, and I don't want to be part of that.