1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"IF" Pac was going to 16 who would you take?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by ScottyBuff, Aug 13, 2011.

?

Who should the 16th member be?

1. Iowa State

1.4%
  2. Kansas State

4.3%
  3. Oklahoma State

29.0%
  4. Texas Christian

2.9%
  5. Texas Tech

4.3%
  6. Baylor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. New Mexico

17.4%
  8. Brigham Young

10.1%
  9. UNLV

7.2%
  10. Hawaii

23.2%
  1. ScottyBuff

ScottyBuff Well-Known Member

OK, I get that most of us don't want UT as a conference-mate ever again, but humor me here:

Scenario is: Texas A&M and Missouri leave the Big 12 for the SEC, along with 2 eastern schools.
    Big Ten then puts on a full-court press for the best of the ACC schools (Maryland, Virginia, 1 other) and Notre Dame to also get to 16.
    Remaining ACC/Big East/Big 12/C-USA schools stratify and form one more 16-team "BCS-worthy" conference.
    Larry Scott, under the permission of the Pac-12 Presidents, wanted to pursue the Pac-16 again and invited Texas, Oklahoma, and Kansas to the conference, who would you prefer the 16th team to be?

2. Darian3Hagan

Darian3Hagan '89 Player of the Year Club Member

What no CSU?

None of the above.

3. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

I would hope that KU would not be part of the Pac-16. I don't understand the desire for KU on this board to be part of Pac-16 if it were to happen.

4. ScottyBuff

Don't read my "desire" into the post. Just being realistic about the options at that point.

Then who would your 15th/16th be?

5. PhillyBuff

PhillyBuff Club Member Club Member

who is the jack ass that left off Kansas, Texas & Oklahoma? :rolling_eyes:

Last edited: Aug 13, 2011
  6. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

The one who can't read.

7. CarolinaBuff

Understood, I wasn't directing that comment at your post, but more so at a general apathy I see on AB for KU to be part of the Pac if they go to 16 teams. I would love to see KU get left out of the party.

I think the best 4 schools out there would be UT, OU, OSU, and BYU, but the Pac seems to be too high on themselves to allow BYU in, so if BYU wouildn't work then I'd opt for TT as that 4th school.

8. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

It's not that they're too high to invite BYU it's the fact that BYU won't do things on Sunday and that's when the olympic events are played in the Pac 12.

9. InTheBuff

InTheBuff Club Member Club Member

road trips to Vegas !!!

10. ScottyBuff

In all honesty, once you get past Texas and Oklahoma, Kansas really does look like one of the best options left. I've never really hated them because they never scared me as a threat to the Buffs, and they did a big part to help us get rid of Hawkins, even though it sucked to watch.

Maybe the Big Ten will "give us" Nebraska back after flunking out of the AAU, so they could pursue more ACC schools? haha

11. CarolinaBuff

OK, that's another thing about this Pac-12/16 thing, who the hell cares about these olympic sports. These conference expansions are all about football programs.

12. Tadploe

Tadploe Member Club Member

I want Boise state!

13. BuffSurveyor

BuffSurveyor Club Member Club Member

I would have voted Texas or Oklahoma. But they are not on the list. So I picked Oklahoma St.

14. OUBuff

OUBuff American Club Member

I picked OSU. Of the choices, I would prefer an old Big 8 member to the rest. Hawaii was a close second for me, wouldn't be bad to be "forced" to go to the islands every few years. Maintaining the Bedlam series swayed me to OSU.

15. PhillyBuff

PhillyBuff Club Member Club Member

u made the same mistake I did....:lol::lol:

16. NiTownBuff

NiTownBuff Club Member Club Member

If we have to go 16 I want KU. I love their bb tradition, they have a national following, we have a history back to the big8, and they put the P?? in the kc/stl market. Not a big fan of any of the above schools for #16. Especially Baylor.

17. fervorfactor

fervorfactor Active Member

OU and Texas are probably more fit for a big ten or SEC expansion. As others have expressed, I'd avoid Texas and the cancer they bring. Larry Scott is looking west. Hawaii maybe but I'm not sure if they compete unless its surfing. A whole lotta talent in Hawaii, Samoa and the sumo wrestlers in Japan. PAC12 should stay at 12 for a few years and see what happens. Eventually, there will be universities knocking on the door asking for an invitation. The 4 X 16 team super conferences are a few years away, but inevitable. Money talks.

18. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

19. aik

aik Club Member Club Member

Tech and New Mexico are relatively easy road trips from Denver to the hypothetical Pac-16 footprint. Tech would be a better football opponent for the schedule, plus Lubbock has a Freebirds and ABQ does not. Only thing that place has going for it.

20. ScottyBuff

Sorry, but no.

21. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

I think Kansas is going East to the Big East. They aren't a fit in the Pac 16.

22. snakeyman

snakeyman Snake Charmer Club Member

UNM. I'm a homer. Albuquerque and UNM would be pretty cool, probably not a bad TV market relatively. Not far from Boulder and I believe there are a handful (if you will) of Buff fans all over NM. I can also see a sting in the gut of CSU if that were to happen. The UNM stadium is quite attractive, although small, and very conducive to tailgating. Plus would probably continue the NM Bowl tie in as well. I think MNBuff can fill in for me. Pick me up broham.

23. CarolinaBuff

Ding ding ding.

24. aik

aik Club Member Club Member

I can see OU being a better fit going SEC with A&M. Texas has good tradition and Big Ten-caliber academics but their board talk from last year points to a bunch of sandy vajayjays who refuse to travel for cold weather games. Shrug.

25. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

is there already a consensus for 13, 14 and 15?

26. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I went with New Mexico. If there was a way to respect the geographic integrity and not duplicate markets by adding New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas then I think we'd have the best possible Pac-16.

27. tante

I am starting to think that Larry Scott will go for KU and Texas. I don't really see MU in the SEC, they are a much better fit for the Big 10. OU and OSU don't really fit with the PAC.

28. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

Might as well just give ourselves a fun road trip in UNLV and officially establish a foothold in one of the fastest growing cities/states in the country. Not like Texas Tech's academics are much, if any, better

29. snakeyman

snakeyman Snake Charmer Club Member

I can see that but I think they belong in the BigTen along with Missouri, ND, and ISU

30. tante

I agree Kansas can fit in quite a few conferences, but I do think they would fit in the Pac:12