1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If we can close on some of these 4 stars

Discussion in 'University of Colorado Recruiting Archive' started by Unleash Hell, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

Say we land Yuri, Crawley, Rippy, Wes and McNamera.

Where do you see our class being bumped up to in the rankings?

2. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

If we land 4 of the 4* guys, I see us ending up somewhere around 30 on Rivals. They take into account how well the team addressed its positional needs, so having a big class helps a lot there. Plus, they moved Norgard to FB and ranked him 4th at that position, so we already got a nice bump from them for filling a key need with one of their top prospects at the position.

I'd guess that Wes Brown would be huge since they see us having to replace Speedy and a top RB to pair with the highly rated Payne would look good for our positional need. Corner, obviously, is seen as a need. And Dillon was a nice need fit at QB after graduating Hansen. I think the biggest bump, though, will come if we land a 4* TE or OL.

3. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

My God, if we land those five, my head might explode from sheer joy. I don't care what the rankings would be, that would be simply astounding.

4. BuffUp

BuffUp W.T.T.F. Club Member

I just want w's as in wins.... who cares what rivals or scout thinks.... wins baby !

5. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I agree. But the scouting services generally do a good job with the 4* and 5* guys. There aren't very many 4* guys I wouldn't get excited about.

6. Ozbuff

Ozbuff Member

I like our chances with Crawley and Rippy, but not sure about the others. McNamara and Wright are difficult to read and I haven't heard much about Wes Brown lately. Would be absolutely huge to get all of them.

7. InTheBuff

InTheBuff Club Member Club Member

some on Rivals feel Yuri will end up a Buff

8. Pale Ale

Pale Ale Well-Known Member

Schwing!! Who cares where are rankings get bumped to. that would be a coup. mmmmm.....cherry flavored kool aid. oh yeah.

9. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

If we can land close to that group it is going to do wonders for our momentum, it will likely mean that a number of the high 3* who are wondering about CU will have reason to look at us more seriously.

Would go a long way in bridgeing the gap between us and the rest of the PAC athletically.

10. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

I'm not looking at landing some of these guys as some sort of "extra surprise", I'm looking at it as an absolute necessity. Unlikely that we get all of them, but we need to get 2-3 of these guys. Being close doesn't count for anything. This program desperately needs some top talent infused and here's our chance. Gotta get Crawley and Rippy..

Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
  11. DrunkRalphie

DrunkRalphie Well-Known Member

Getting Crawley and Rippy to commit would make my year.

12. BinaryBuff

BinaryBuff mmmm...beer Club Member

Exactly this. Enough of being close and enough of just getting visits. We NEED at least some of them to commit.