1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If we lose to Baylor at home tonight

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by BeachBronco, Oct 16, 2010.

1. BeachBronco

BeachBronco Active Member

which looks like it may happen, this has to be the final nail and I have to believe that the wheels will go in motion to relieve Hawk of his duties and get a complete overhaul of the football program before we go to the Pac 10.

2. michase10

michase10 New Member

heard that before.

FlatironsBuff likes this.
  3. BuffaloChuck

BuffaloChuck Member

Losing to the worst football program in the history of the Big 12 has one advantage: the Pac-10 is pressing for that 15-year extension for Coach Hawk, and they'll be singing this chant louder than ever. For the Pac-10, this is a great game for Coach Hawk and the CU "football" program.

4. Jerry

Jerry Well-Known Member

WTF, defend that bubble screen.

5. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

Hey, it's not like Baylor has been running it all night. :smile2:

6. NuggNinja

NuggNinja New Member

Yep, Talkins will refuse to be accountable for his coaching failures, fans will be angry, nothing will happen to Hawkins.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2010
  7. CarolinaBuff

Can't happen soon enough. We're already 11 months late in pulling the trigger.

I continue to be mystified on what the holdup is. Get rid of Hawk!!!!!

8. Jerry

Jerry Well-Known Member

I am out till Hackins is fired.

9. BeachBronco

BeachBronco Active Member

I hate watching this crap on ESPN Gamecast, I had no idea how much time was left, it looked like we were driving and the next thing I know it says Final, mother****ing Hawkins...

10. Buffsfan09

Buffsfan09 Member

this result was really nothing do to with coaching. They were a far better team then us and we were lucky to be in it to the end. Nuff said.

11. Swish

Swish Half a bubble off Club Member

Other than the Hucksters I didn't have a game I wanted the Buffs to win more than this one this season :pissed3: :censored: :Tantrum:

12. badfish650

badfish650 Member

We are getting closer...We just need to work on the little things. :rolling_eyes:

13. CarolinaBuff

If Baylor has a better team than us, then that has everything to do with coaching. It's called recruiting.

14. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

WHAT????

CU went for 2 on our first TD (and didn't get it). CU went for 2 on our 2nd TD (and didn't get it). Then when we are down by 2 scores with 8+ minutes left, Hansen was regularly snapping the ball with 3 or less seconds on the PLAY CLOCK. Pass plays to the TE and RB for 2 and 3 yard gains? Seriously?

Baylor knew what their strengths were and played to their strengths. RG3 and that little RB "gashed" the Buffs all night long. CU's offense and offensive playcalling cost them this game.

15. NuggNinja

NuggNinja New Member

So the decision to go for the two point conversions at the beginning of the game, and calling three running plays inside the 10 leading to a fg, didn't have an impact on the outcome of the game?

This game was winnable and the morons that coach the team did not put the players in the best position to have a chance to win the game.

16. Buffsfan09

Buffsfan09 Member

that's a stretch. that two point conversion (although dumb in that situation) had no impact on that game. they moved the ball at will. turnovers kept us in that game.

17. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

It's hard to win with an inferior QB and RB.
    Baylor's offense >>>CU's offense.

CU's DB's have taken a beating.

18. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

WRONG, jefferson fumbled at the 1yd line. CU wins the game.CU had 2 fg's after being in the red zone and keisau's reluctance to pass cost them. This is a game cu should have won despite baylor's offense.

19. Buffsfan09

Buffsfan09 Member

We lost by six not four and the the short dumps were the only thing we had open. granted, we could have stretched the field a bit more during the game but lets be honest, they were a better team, at least tonight. sucks.

20. Buffsfan09

Buffsfan09 Member

Jefferson scores or we score one or two plays later, we just give the ball to them and they go right down and score because they had to. they averaged like 12 yards a play. they moved the ball at will when they had to. again, turnovers kept us in that game so we can't say one turnover by Will was the game.

21. Buffsfan09

Buffsfan09 Member

agreed

22. Ralphandler1

Ralphandler1 Member

I COMPLETELY disagree. They had some good athletes... but there is no question that we have better athletes in a lot of positions and we are at home! They had better recievers and WR's. They are not a much better team. And sad thing is if they are we are in a worse situation than I even thought.... if we are far worse BAYLOR then hawk's recruiting is terrible. NO MORE EXCUSES DAN!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAWK MUST GO. he cant get people lined up right. cant call a descent game. cant make adjustments and cant take responsibility for ANYTHING.

23. boulder77

boulder77 Certified Organic Club Member

fify

24. colobuffs

colobuffs New Member

Did we lose the game when Will Jefferson fumbled? We score there and we go up 22-10? God this feeling sucks.

25. Buffsfan09

Buffsfan09 Member

I don't think we are far worse then Baylor, but tonight they were better. I think you said it best, if we have better athletes in a lot of positions and we are at home and we LOST, then we are not better then they are tonight. Some questionable coaching calls no doubt, but we still lost despite them.

26. FlatironsBuff

FlatironsBuff Club Member Club Member

Hey, odds were that after they ran it 20 times that they probably would not run it again after that.

27. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

Our talent is clearly overrated.

Our CBs routinely get beat.

Our RBs are average.

Our WRs don't get open.

Our DL doesn't get pressure.

Our QBs are below average.

Our Oline is a sieve.

Our kickers are ****ing horrible.

Am I missing anything? To those who say we have talent, where is it? Seriously. Solder? Why? Because someone told you he can run really fast? Miller? Kasa? Stewart? Hansen?

Clemons is the only guy that really sticks out to me and we never get the guy the ****ing ball.

28. BeBe

BeBe Club Member Club Member

Best thing I can say for today ............ it's almost basketball season

29. Tractor

Tractor Club Member Club Member

I'm not usually one person to say one play here or there cost the game, but I really think it's easy to point to in this game. Obviously the fumble was big, and could very well be the "play that lost the game." However, it's my contention that the Coaches lost this game. This game is unique. I side with the "one decision cost us" crowd on this game and this game only.

Going for 2 and failing: -1 point
    Going for 2 and failing again: -1 poing
    At the end of the 3rd, Baylor scored a TD to go up by 4. Chart says go for 2 and they get it: -1 point
    Total: -3 points

I don't usually subscribe to whatifs, (if only that punt hadn't been blocked, or this guy had caught this pass or whatever) because it would have changed all subsequent decisions as far as time of possesion and position on the field. There just become too many uncontrolled variables that would have lead to different plays being called and different scenarios.

But these were three plays on untimed downs that were completely independant. Not doing one didn't change where the kickoff would have gone etc. If we had kicked the extra point (and made both), there is NO WAY Baylor goes for 2 to get from 19 to 21 when we have 17. Even Hawk wouldn't do that (unless he saw something on film or whatever his deal is with this nonsense). We would have been down 3 points on the final drive. Even with our suckitude on clock management in the 4th quarter, we'd have been able to kick a field goal to tie and go to OT at HOME with momentum and the crowd back in the game.

I'm sorry, but that's coaching. We threw away 2 points, and forced Baylor to try to get an additional point, which they got. WillJeff may have fumbled that deflated our team etc etc but even with that play, we should have only been down 3 with the ball at home with 2 minutes to go....Embarassing. How is this not enough evidence that our coach is a dolt?

Daaah likes this.
  30. bombay

bombay Club Member Club Member

Clock management was terrific on Colorado's last possession.