What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

If you are attending the game...

SuperD

Club Member
Club Member
I know not everyone will agree with me, but figured I would give this a shot. Many folks have decided that the best way to show their displeasure with the program today is to not attend the game. That's a perfectly valid approach and I think its logical to think that the best way to get through to the the admin is to convince them that they can't keep ignoring football and think that people will just continue to show up and hand them money.

However, if you are attending the game, can we please try to tamp down on the negativity while there, particularly any booing of the team or the kids? The negativity, sarcasm, pessism, depression, and anger has reached a bit of a fever pitch here on the board the last few days (rightfully so), and if things go badly today I'm afraid the fans frustration could boil over at the game. Try to remember that this is the last game some of these guys will ever play, and even if things didn't go the way we would have all wanted (them more than any of us), they still committed to come play for the Buffs, and have put in a ton of time and blood, sweat, and tears (as well as sacrificing their bodies and potential future health) towards that effort. Also, it wouldn't hurt to make an effort to get in a little early for the senior day presentations. Plus, its possible that many of the younger will soon be making a decision on whether they want to stick things out, and this team needs all the hard earned experience it can keep.

Just my two cents

There will be booing at half time, if we're getting blown out already, just like all season, but then everyone will leave

I'm sorry but when you see the same awful pathetic mistakes week after week. Special teams dumb penalties. Terrible playcalling. Dropped passes. It is a mixture of terrible coaching and I hate to say it but its mental mistakes players should not still be making. So I see NOTHING wrong with booing your hearts out. The coaches and the players should feel some heat and realize much more is expected of them.

sorry but I can't make a commitment to not boo as if I see something stupid from the coaches my natural reaction will be get pissed-

I will never boo a CU student athlete. That's just something I refuse to do.

I have no problem with booing the coaches though.

I will commit to not booing, but that's because I simply have no energy left for booing. It is taking everything I have to go to the game today, but that's mainly for tailgating with friends. As soon as we show the same level of ineptitude we have all season, and the game is out of reach (I'm giving it about 1.5qtrs) I will immediately return to the tailgate and/or head home.

Booing is the flip side of cheering. Give a spectator something to cheer for, and the team gets cheers.

Give a spectator an embarrassing, foolish or costly play, then the team gets boos.

That's how it works.

Booing is what it is. How about if you're attending the game today throw on a lava lava and a fake mustache as I've seen proposed a few places. I'd love to see Embree's face with 100s of Cabrals in the stands.

Back