1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you were Tyler Hansen...

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Buffnik, Sep 12, 2009.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

If you were Tyler Hansen, the coaches told you Cody wasn't able to go this week, and they asked you to start... what would you say?

If it were me, I would ask the coaches if the starting job is mine the rest of the year. If they said "Yes", then I'd agree to start. If they said "No", I'd refuse to play. I'd also tell them that if they say "Yes" and go back on their word that I will be announcing my transfer immediately upon that happening.

2. SkiTownUSA

SkiTownUSA Administrator Club Member Junta Member

Exactly. :thumbsup:

3. ScottyBuff

ScottyBuff Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say a damn thing, I would strap on my helmet and try to carry the team on my shoulders no matter what.

Cody tried to do the same thing and got KTFO'd but that was still leadership. After watching that, you want players to start getting selfish?!

Just because HC Hawkins isn't coaching up to what I had expected of him, doesn't mean the players should start jumping ship.

4. Buffman

Buffman Member

if he transfered right now would this count as his year to sit out?

5. SkiTownUSA

SkiTownUSA Administrator Club Member Junta Member

Good question. I dunno

6. Hugegroove

Hugegroove Club Member Club Member

If Tyler was a freshman, then I could see him transfering and sitting a year. But I don't think he would transfer now, unless there was no hope for him to play at all.

7. NiTownBuff

NiTownBuff Club Member Club Member

I think if they take Hansen's redshirt off at this point, he's going to play the rest of the season regardless. If they have to burn it, and the team isn't making a run at the title, let him learn and develop, even if he struggles.

8. NiTownBuff

NiTownBuff Club Member Club Member

If he transferred now, he would have to sit out next season and would be a 4th yr Junior in 2011. I don't think that's going to happen though. With Cody looking to be out next week, he'll be playing plenty this season.

9. aik

aik Club Member Club Member

Hansen chose to stick around once the season started and he didn't win the starting job. They tell him he's going to play, he's going to play. Doesn't strike me as the type who would refuse on principle.

10. buffwings

buffwings Club Member Club Member

yeah I still think it's early enough that he can take control and help salvage the season with at least 6 wins (funny isnt it). He would position himself as the starter for the next 2 seasons as well.

11. BeachBronco

BeachBronco Active Member

if I were Hansen I would realize that I am on scholarship from the University of Colorado and that I will do what my team asks of me.

12. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

He needs to take every chance he gets. Even if he redshirts this year, Cody will be a 5th year senior with 3 years of starting experience. No way does Hansen beat him out next year either. Hansen can come in this week and save the season and his coaches job. He should take the opportunity.