What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Im done with espn

I really wish someone would step up with a better sports website for game summaries, stats, and scores. I can't find any that are as easy to get around as ESPN.com. Fox Sports is a bunch of tweets with actual summaries (the AP wire write ups) limited or delayed. Yahoo Sports makes my eyes bleed, etc..

Yet everybody in this thread will continue watching it in hopes of any extra nugget on Colorado Football.

do agree with **** espn though. SC is a really dumb theme with all these host talking as fast as they can adding their stupid personal shtick to the commentary - gets ****ing old. Then to top it off they run the dumb ass program back to back to back for like 6 hours every day... ****, we get it... F*** espn.

It's those damn interns again! Somebody's going to lose their unpaid position over this for sure!

ESPN is falling hard, so that's good news...
Last month ESPN lost 621,000 subscribers according to Nielsen media estimates, which was the worst month in the company's history. This month things weren't much better -- ESPN lost another 5550,000 subscribers according to Nielsen media estimates, meaning that the worst month in the history of ESPN has now been followed up by the second worst month in ESPN history. ESPN has now lost a jawdropping 1.176 million subscribers in the past two months.
Putting that into perspective, that means nearly 20,000 people a day are leaving ESPN for each of the past two months.
If that annual average subscriber loss continued, ESPN would lose over seven million subscribers in the next 12 months. And at an absolute minimum, these 1.176 million lost subscribers in the past two months will lead to a yearly loss in revenue of over $100 million.
http://www.outkickthecoverage.com/espn-loses-another-555-000-subscribers-per-nielsen-112916

i quit ESPN a long time ago. it's unwatchable nonsense.....mostly just ESPN talking about ESPN....thinking it's bigger than the actual games....providing some kind of doublespeak psychological mumbo jumbo narrative about "what you are supposed to think about college football/basketball/etc.".

people seem to like that for pro sports but i think it's dumb and pointless.

What's gotten annoying to me is that most of the content on all the sports networks other than live games is just them putting a camera on a radio show. I get radio for free and looking at Mike & Mike or Colin Cowherd doesn't really enhance the experience.

What's gotten annoying to me is that most of the content on all the sports networks other than live games is just them putting a camera on a radio show. I get radio for free and looking at Mike & Mike or Colin Cowherd doesn't really enhance the experience.
Every show on ESPN, save for Sports Center where they show highlights, could be done just as easily on the radio. If not for those talk shows like First Take, Around the Horn, PTI, M&M, etc there wouldn't be a TV network.

According to the odds on E$ecPN's prediction breakdown page, we might as well not even show up.

This despite their own chart showing how we've done ATS:

Against the Spread
  • i
    • OVERALL REC9-1-2
    • UNDERDOG3-0-1
    • AWAY REC4-0-1
  • i
    • OVERALL REC6-5-1
    • FAVORITE5-5-0
    • HOME REC3-3-0

espn-live-penis-live_c_4452573.jpg

56345929.jpg

News media with a vested interest in the topic of their coverage. It would be like if CNN was invested heavily in the Clinton campaign .... oh wait

News media with a vested interest in the topic of their coverage. It would be like if CNN was invested heavily in the Clinton campaign .... oh wait

An attempt was made ... have a cookie.

yes but cowherds chick side kick is delicious!

As long as ESPN doesn't have a financial piece of PAC12 Network like they do with the SEC and the LNH and the B1G and as long as our primary prime time slots mostly go to Fox instead of ESPN/ABC they aren't going to spend much time on us. They are in the business of promoting their own content.

When the NHL wouldn't basically give them the broadcast rights for free they mostly stopped covering it. NASCAR coverage is tied to who is broadcasting it. ABC, the parent of ESPN, was a huge promoter of NASCAR right up until they lost rights, then it became an afterthought. When PAC football was a mainstay of the ABC then later ESPN schedule they couldn't say enough good things about it. Now it might as well be the MWC.

Want more coverage, watch Fox Sports programs, they have the interest.
are you sure ESPN has a piece of the BTN? I thought that was all Fox.

are you sure ESPN has a piece of the BTN? I thought that was all Fox.

I think you are correct with the BTN but ESPN/ABC has a contract that gives the league a large number of significant broadcast slots on their networks. The last few weeks they have been promoting B1G triple headers on the networks. They have the investment there that they are protecting.

I think you are correct with the BTN but ESPN/ABC has a contract that gives the league a large number of significant broadcast slots on their networks. The last few weeks they have been promoting B1G triple headers on the networks. They have the investment there that they are protecting.
I'm not sure what your point is, in that case. The Pac has a similar deal with ABC/ESPN, which involves regular season games and every-other-year of the CCG.

I'm not sure what your point is, in that case. The Pac has a similar deal with ABC/ESPN, which involves regular season games and every-other-year of the CCG.

Pac-12 didn't give any ownership to ESPN or FOX, but also didn't sign an exclusive with either for broadcast on their main & secondary networks. Our deal for national broadcast games is split between them with alternating preference in their order of picking games. I'm pretty sure that the Pac-12 is worth the least of the P5 to ESPN revenues.

Pac-12 didn't give any ownership to ESPN or FOX, but also didn't sign an exclusive with either for broadcast on their main & secondary networks. Our deal for national broadcast games is split between them with alternating preference in their order of picking games. I'm pretty sure that the Pac-12 is worth the least of the P5 to ESPN revenues.
This is the right way to look at it: what conference is the most valuable to ESPN?
B1G, ACC, B12 and P12 all split their "first choice/second choice" with Fox and ESPN/ABC. CBS gets first choice of SEC, and ESPN/ABC get second. So, in general, the first tier media rights have similar value to ESPN.

But, look at the next layer. ESPN has some ownership and/or exclusive rights to the ACC, B1G, SEC and B12. They have none of the P12.

So, when it comes to devoting coverage time to the conferences, it is quite simply more valuable for ESPN to devote time to every conference but the P12: they will reap more benefits from increased interest in Tennessee, Wisconsin, PedoState, etc than they will from increased interest in Colorado, Washington and Stanford.

Back