1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm thirsty

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by dply, Aug 20, 2013.

1. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member

It seems that a lot here seem to be drunk on kool-aid. Even if it is watered down Kool-aid. I do think we will be better this year. The coaching should improve the team overall but I fail to see more than 1 or 2 wins. I feel like going winless has just as great of a chance as getting to 3+ wins.

I don't like this feeling with less than 2 weeks to go. Could anyone spare me at least a sip of their kool-aid? Do we beat CSU? Do we beat Central Arkansas?

2. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

Yes and yes. Why? Because **** you

dply likes this.
  3. boydbuff

boydbuff Club Member Club Member

As a watered down look-aid drinker I am hopeful but not certain we will beat csu. But central Arkansas-absolutely

Waaaaaaay better coaching and schemes, some talent and speed upgrades and less divisiveness in the locker room should lead to 2 wins at a minimum.

Good coaches get their players to at least play to their current potential. With say the 70th best athletes in the nation we must finish in the top 100 at a minimum.

I know that's not exciting but it's a start

4. ReedMarks

ReedMarks Club Member Club Member

I have no kool aid for you, but I will say that the team looks so much cleaner all the way around. This coaching staff has really impressed me with the way they disseminate information and coaching to the team. We will be much better for no other reason than we will play faster without having to think everything through. I would be surprised if there are continuous blown coverages et al like last season.

Spent a few minutes talking to Coach Mac this weekend and he feels like this team has improved more in this fall camp than he expected it to in most of the season. (which I read as they were far worse than he expected as well)

Lastly, Central Ark St is better then CSU so that CSU game needs to be a win. A MUST WIN.

14er, aik and dply like this.
  5. Goose

Goose Hoops Moderator Club Member Junta Member

I hope so. Maybe.

I'm with you dply. Not feeling the kool aid. We may have better coaching (hard to be worse), but we were historically bad last year. Going to take more than just coaching to make us competitive.

6. dply

That is my biggest fear. CSU beats us in a heart-breaker and then the team isn't prepared to face Central Arkansas who is better than CSU.

Thanks though Reed.

7. dply

I'm usually the one at this time of the year who Duff and other cynics laugh at. I find myself on their side now and I don't like it.

8. Ralphandler1

Ralphandler1 Member

Well in the last few years Ill admit to drinking a little too much kool aid and have been let down repeaditly by this team. But looksing at those two games you gotta have some hope. First of all CSU..... We have better talent than they do at almost every position. But as we have seen through the years more talent does not always mean a win, but it sure doesn't hurt. Also CSU has a new QB to break in and by the sounds of it there is no real stellar option available to them. They also have only 6 returning starters on defense which was was ranked 70th in the country last year allowing 405 yards per game against a very mediocre mountain west conference. Furthermore they have no players to match our speed on offense. P Rich in particular should be able to really stretch them out and open up a running attack for Christian Powell. I am not saying we will win, but better talent, more speed and more settled coming into camp at key positions than they are. Together should mean we have a good chance to come out with a win.

Central Arkansas...... Same arguments. SHOULD have better talent than they do. SHOULD have more speed. SHOULD be able to beat them at home. I really hope they can pull out a 2-0 start cause after that things are gonna get much much more difficult with Fresno then into PAC12 play.

dply likes this.
  9. dply

PRich does give me some hope against CSU. I just hope our line can protect Wood long enough for him to get it there. And if they can open up holes for Powell I think we win the game pretty easily. I'm just not sure that will happen.

I'm a bit depressed it seems.

10. duaneallman8

duaneallman8 Member

From the pretzels?

11. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

Highlander likes this.
  12. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

So we will be improved but you only see 1 or 2 wins? **** off.

13. dply

The team will be better but that doesn't mean we will win more. And I already had wank this morning but thanks for the suggestion.

14. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

I picked us to go 4-8 in the poll so we better start out 2-0

15. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

:lol:

16. BuffUp

BuffUp W.T.T.F. Club Member

I, like everyone on here, have been off and on the juice so much, I truly do not know what to expect.

My heart is telling me - we win against CSU. Better coaching and a true game plan. Not just a plan but also a plan B in case A doesn't work - these coaches get it. The Buffs are going to come out hyped up and ready. We will go deep out of the gate and score pretty quick. Then the ground game against their crappy DL will take over. Wood will build confidence on some screen passes and quick slants. At least one field goal will be blocked by the Buffs and there will be a long kick/punt return by CU. Buffs cruise to an easy win.... then, They have to try and get back up for the next weekend - not use to doing that.

dply likes this.
  17. bombay

bombay Club Member Club Member

18. Buff_since76

Buff_since76 Still a fan... Club Member

19. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

Drink all you want. Colorado will certainly be better, but we were so atrocious last year that even marked improvement may not really translate into wins. Just getting beat by 2 touchdowns instead of 4+. We'll just have to see what happens come fall. That is why you play the game.

20. Hugegroove

Hugegroove Club Member Club Member

Can't see how the Buffs could be any worse than last year. IMO, regardless of their OOC schedule those teams won't fully know how to prepare for the new look offense. I also can't picture how the Buffs could lose to csUwe 2 years in a row. I see a pleasant start to the season with the big bumps being on the road of their P-12 schedule. Again, the Buffs have only one direction to go, UP from here.

21. The Ogre

The Ogre Club Member Club Member

For those of you letting seven measly years of suckitude keep you down, maybe you should visit a rammie site - maybe some abuse from them'll get your ire up.

In the words of J Page: "Cryin' won't help ya, prayin' won't do ya no good",
    so why not jump onboard the Kool-Aid Express?

Go Buffs!! :drunk:

22. BlackNGold

BlackNGold Club Member Club Member

By week 4 there will be plenty of film for teams to know how to prepare. The big question is how much of the offensive scheme will the new staff be able to implement in the first year?

23. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

I'm not even going to sip any kool aid until we take care of business when we should be taking care of business, and when we stop getting blown out every week

24. whatthebuff

whatthebuff Club Member Club Member

I see a lot of posts about kool-aid around these parts, so I was curious about where that came from. And what do you know?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drinking_the_Kool-Aid

I certainly did not know that. Learning is fun!

25. Highlander

Highlander Club Member Club Member

Everyone should read this. I can see how this will be the next big thing in football. Not sure how much the Buffs will do this year, but the wave is definitely coming.

26. duaneallman8

duaneallman8 Member

​fify

27. schubeal

schubeal Club Member Club Member

28. NashBuff

NashBuff CSU Knob-Slobberer

29. J.R. Ewing

J.R. Ewing Club Member Club Member

Keep in mind that that was with half the team we played pulling their starters half way through the game. It could have been worse.