1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In-state recruiting

Discussion in 'University of Colorado Recruiting Archive' started by Duff Man, Jun 21, 2009.

1. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

So we now have Spond, Jones, and Slavin in the fold. Other offers out to Dillon Bonnell, Nduka Onyeali, and Kenny Bell. If we can land at least one out of that group, I think that constitutes a successful in-state class. Thoughts?

2. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I'd already call it 'successful', but I do want at least 2 more out of Bonnell, Junior, Bell & Lexington. It's definitely looking like a good in-state class for us this year.

3. AlferdJasper

AlferdJasper Well-Known Member

Spond, Jones and Slavin are a good start, but we are not done recruiting instate yet. Also put in a reminder that Lex Smith is on the radar.

4. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

I'm not too confident with Spond. I think he'll have plenty of opposing coaches in his ear all season long. Especially if we land another QB.

5. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

You think he might look elsewhere? I think he understands he likely won't play QB in college. Unless some garbage team guarantees him a spot at QB, I think his heart is set at CU...hopefully.

IMO we could easily land 7 in-staters. At this time Grossnickle, Thornton, and Orms for the most part weren't on the Buffs radar. I think some other guys will pop up after this Fall's football season. As of right now we could easily get Bell, Onyeali, Smith, and Bonnell. Or we could land none of them. we have a pretty solid shot at all four of those guys. Hawk's closing the border that's for sure:thumbsup:

6. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

Didn't he commit to CU because Hawk guaranteed him a chance at QB?

7. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

And he'll get a shot at QB. I think what slider is saying that it is doubtful any big schools are going to step up and give him that shot and I agree. I think Spond is a solid commit.

Sounds good for Bell, not sure on Bonnell, and I'm still convinced Onyeali is a longshot.

8. BuffMania

BuffMania Banned BANNED

I do not think we've already had a successful instate recruiting season. None of our current commits have any Big12 offers (the commits have offers from Wyoming, Duke, Stanford and Syracuse) besides CU. I want us to land a player like Hinder or Bonnell, who are highly coveted.

There's still plenty of time.

9. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

We have done well, time to move on to texas,arizona and cali.

10. Rraalph 3000

Rraalph 3000 Well-Known Member

Land Nduka...and you know I'm sold!

11. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

What about Jake Johnson? Not looking like a D1 prospect?