1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Independence Bowl - Mizzou v NC

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Idot Buff, Dec 26, 2011.

1. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

Pretty horrible game.....did you see the crowd, or lack of?

I flashed back to 07 and our game vs Bama.....horrible first half, but almost came back and won. Oh, the promise of Hawk only 4 short years ago....

2. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

that was Hawk's only good year. 6-7. Beat OU and almost came back vs Bama. All downhill after that.

3. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

UNC showing why it's a joke to have teams with lame duck coaches in bowl games. 35 bowl games is at least 10 too many. Fedora was a decent hire for the Heels but I don't see them ever being more than the middle of the pack in the Coastal Division, at best. That division is quietly getting much tougher

Last edited: Dec 26, 2011
  4. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

Remember eating at the Ihop the following morning with all those confederate dumb asses. Luckiest SOBs in the world, with Saban locked and loaded.

5. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

UNC should be better than what it is.

6. CVilleBuff

That's been the case for years, and it's never going to change. Mack Brown's tenure was the exception, not the rule. The desire to have a consistent top 25 program in football just isn't there, no matter what Heel fans say. UNC isn't just a notch below VT, they're two notches below. UVA and GT have beat the snot out of UNC consistently for years now. GT continues to be successful under Johnson, and UVA is about to do big things under London. Al Golden is certainly the right guy for Miami too - if anyone can lead the 'Canes through this mess, it's Golden. Even Duke is putting together the pieces to finally get to their first bowl game in over 15 years.

7. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

The thing is - and we're probably saying the same thing here - is that football is such an afterthought at that place that if they ever get a top 10 program for an extended stretch (meaning weeks, not years) it'll be by accident. And I'm surprised they draw as well as they do.

8. CVilleBuff

Chapel Hill has always been a favorite road trip for Tigers, Wolfpack, Hoos and Hokies. Never hurts to have 10-15k of the opposing team to boost your figures :lol:

9. ZKobalt

ZKobalt Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Lol the Tigers mascot dropped it before the game began.

10. Ruckus

Ruckus Peep my words. Club Member

Sadly that is also Saban's only bad year. :huh:

-- I'm a [strike] mother****ing [/strike] internet Angel --