What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Injuries

Honestly, can you answer Buffnik's question above and possibly make good use of this thread? Not asking for names.

This morning I only knew of one but the guy I talked to let me know of one other. I just find it funny. OMG... bad news!!! kill the messenger

You are only being attacked because you aren't delivering any message.

Injuries are just part of the game of football. I hope that everyone is healthy and can contribute, but in a contact sport like football, injuries are just bound to happen. Look across the college football landscape and you will see players getting injured all across the nation.

It is a sign of a truly exception coach if the loss of an injured player can be minimized. Using injuries as a crutch or an excuse doesn't fly very far with me.

No I just find it humorous how I did the same thing... except with a silent commit back in the Fall. I didn't give names. The reaction was, "Thanks slider. Rep." Now because the news is negative it's, "F*** you 4th grader!" allbuffs is classic

LilBunky-maybe you should actually contribute something to the board first before you criticize someone else for theirs. And ok grammar police (which is funny when you put 'no' instead of 'know').

Guess they don't teach the meaning of "intentional" or of "irony" in 4th grade.

Your excuses are weak and worthless.....attention-whore is about right.

No I just find it humorous how I did the same thing... except with a silent commit back in the Fall. I didn't give names. The reaction was, "Thanks slider. Rep." Now because the news is negative it's, "F*** you 4th grader!" allbuffs is classic

:cry:

I think we understood the first 3 times you posted this that you think you're being picked on because you posted it bad news.

That isn't the problem. The problem is that you posted NO news, but felt the need to start a thread about it as if the fact that 1 or 2 players out of 80 have been injured during fall camp is an earth shattering event of epic proportions that none of us might have anticipated. It's also the fact that you've implied 1 or 2 players are going to (might?) (there's a small chance?) miss the CSU game. And now maybe the Toledo game. And that there is a minor contributor. And now maybe a more major contributor. Nobody expects you're going to give names and exact prognoses, but is there really any reason you couldn't have just mentioned "I've been told one or two guys might be hurt and unable to play" in one of the several other threads about the CSU game instead of making a big show about not being able to tell us something that might or might not be a big deal in one or two (or more?) games???

I don't remember the reaction to your "silent commit" thread being as positive as you remember. If you've got info that you don't want to/can't share then keep the whole thing to yourself. If a couple players can't play versus CSU, no one is going to be pissed because Slider didn't warn us all.

Major douchebaggery.

:cry:

I think we understood the first 3 times you posted this that you think you're being picked on because you posted it bad news.

That isn't the problem. The problem is that you posted NO news, but felt the need to start a thread about it as if the fact that 1 or 2 players out of 80 have been injured during fall camp is an earth shattering event of epic proportions that none of us might have anticipated. It's also the fact that you've implied 1 or 2 players are going to (might?) (there's a small chance?) miss the CSU game. And now maybe the Toledo game. And that there is a minor contributor. And now maybe a more major contributor. Nobody expects you're going to give names and exact prognoses, but is there really any reason you couldn't have just mentioned "I've been told one or two guys might be hurt and unable to play" in one of the several other threads about the CSU game instead of making a big show about not being able to tell us something that might or might not be a big deal in one or two (or more?) games???

When you're right, you're right.:cool:

The good news is that I cannot think of 1 single player on this team being injured this year that will change the outcome against our first two opponents. Even the positions we are "thin" at, we are still deep with mediocrity. I honestly don't see a position where the #2 guy might just play better than #1 except for a couple O-Line positions, but I still think our #2 guy will more than hold his own.

Boy, this board is wound up real tight.. :smile2:

slider said he knew of one injury but its not a big contributor.. So doesn't that mean the news is that we have no major injuries to starting players a week before the game? That's how I took it yesterday before reading everyone else's post today..

Anyway, thanks for the injury update slider.. :thumbsup:

LilBunky-maybe you should actually contribute something to the board first before you criticize someone else for theirs. And ok grammar police (which is funny when you put 'no' instead of 'know').

dion-there's a reason the staff hasn't released it... they are keeping a tight lip on everything right now. And whoever sent me the anonymous neg rep... man up and put your name
man up and buy a subscription :smile2: And it wasn't me.

I know a guy, who know a girl, that dates a guy, that is friends with a girl that knows a guy.

I'm told that there will be some type of chicken served at the training table sometime this week.

I know a guy, who know a girl, that dates a guy, that is friends with a girl that knows a guy.

I'm told that there will be some type of chicken served at the training table sometime this week.

I know for a fact that lamb will be served Sunday evening... :thumbsup:

Back