1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Intensity Takes A Leap As Buffs Pull On Full Pads

Discussion in 'CU Buffs Newsroom' started by RSSBot, Mar 14, 2011.

1. RSSBot

RSSBot News Junkie

Category: Football

Full pads were strapped on for Monday's spring football practice, and an intensity level that already had been high for the Colorado Buffaloes took another leap.

Originally posted by CUBuffs.com
    Click here to view the article.

2. chipwich

chipwich Administrator Club Member Junta Member

[FONT=Cambria, serif]Also responding has been Jones, the 5-foot-7, 180-pounder from Paterson, N.J. "He's stepping up his game," Embree said.

:woot:

and

[/FONT][FONT=Cambria, serif]THE BIG DIFFERENCE MAKER: Deehan was effusive about the change in off-season strategies under new speed, strength and conditioning director Malcolm Blacken.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]Said Deehan: "I've got to say the biggest difference is Malcolm in the weight room. Think about it: he's the guy you spend every day other than spring ball and fall camp with. We're with him every day in the summer, the off-season. He sets that mind-set. He's got our bodies right . . . we're a lot stronger where we need to be. We're no longer just big, fat power-lifters."[/FONT]

:woot:

3. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

So far I love everything I have heard coming out of spring practice. And I won't say it out loud but there is something strangely missing already under this new strength and conditioning program.

4. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

**** you. Don't you ****ing think it.

5. The Guest

The Guest Guest

I'm so happy we've gotten stronger and faster in the off-season. That's refreshing!

6. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

Dont you ****ing put words in my mouth :rofl:

7. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Cannot wait to see Tony Jones on the field.

8. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

He had a great run on Sunday. Play went left, he followed his blocks, hit the hole... and then cut it back across the field underneath the pursuit for a long touchdown run. Looked good, man.

Regarding Blacken, I know that the emphasis on competition and accountability is a good thing. I think that focusing the strength training on more core strength will translate better to the game of football. Time will tell.