1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interesting article about CU leadership in the Post today

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by dio, Jul 21, 2013.

1. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_2...eighs-present-and-future-regarding-leadership

2. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

If he puts a priority on Athletics over the next few years, then I am behind him 100%. As others have stated, he has made the medical school his baby and it is now one of the best in the country. I'd like to see what he can do with the AD, especially now that he has his guy in there and some good coaches.

3. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

Well who is gonna be our scapegoat now?

Last edited: Jul 21, 2013
  4. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

I'm confident the board will find someone. :smile2:

5. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Lots of good rhetoric being heard lately.

CU sounds like it was a complete mess in all aspects and when Benson prioritized the things that needed to be done, athletics simply got left out in the cold for several years.

6. fatbuff

fatbuff Well-Known Member

I'm not sure who you are talking about here, but DicSteffano has nothing to do with the Medical School. He is limited to the Boulder Campus, and unfortunately Football falls under that umbrella.

7. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Pretty sure he was talking about Benson. DiStefano is going to move with the political winds, so if Benson is emphasizing the importance of winning championships in sports then Phil will be emphasizing that too.

8. Hugegroove

Hugegroove Club Member Club Member

I'll believe it when I see upward movement and actual results. Their line of BS has worn thin with me. If they were truly behind the sports at CU, then they should have been saying it & doing it years ago.

9. TimmyDUBs

TimmyDUBs Dirty haole Club Member

SIAP, kiszla is continuing to fling **** at the Buffs, but at the end of today's article he wrote something new that could be a sign he'll eat crow down the road:

"Can Colorado win big in this brave, new world of college football? Yes. But the Buffs — and everyone who loves them — had better be prepared to spend big."

I think he has seen a glimmer of potential in their future and is setting up the chance to say he was right until an anomaly occurred or some BS like that.

10. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

Good eye fatty. I was thinking the quote was from Benson after reading the article.