1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interesting e-mail from Bohn....

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Buff fanatic, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Buff fanatic

Buff fanatic Well-Known Member

Well, I think it's interesting anyhow.

I think that I'm a little more level headed than many fans with regard to our current situation. Neil Woelk recently wrote an article implying that the problem is CU fan's expectations. I think that is a ridiculous implication and is nothing more than a crutch. We've had a lot of success, even recently under Barnett. To blame expectations is a joke.

That being said, I'd love Hawkins to remain head coach at CU. He's a tireless worker, does nothing to tarnish CU's reputation off the field, and seems like a nice guy (although that image is fading fast with his recent quotes to the press/fans). If we cant win, another 3-9, 4-8 type of year with excuses that we're young or whatever, DOES NOT WORK, then I'd love you to consider hiring Kevin Sumlin. We're willing to step up as donors if we know you're listening. The long-term cost to keep putting 4-8 teams on the field is going to cost alot more than is Hawkin's buyout. You're losing the fans.

PS-I, and almost everyone I talk to, think you're doing a fantastic job. You come across as a tireless defender and cheerleader of CU athletics and thats exactly what we need. Thank you.

Response:

Ryan, I appreciate your note and support. We are all committed to winning and no one wants to win more than I do. One of our points of emphasis for this year is our competitiveness and a passion to win. We remain steadfast in efforts to improve our win loss record, along with our fund raising, community outreach and ticket sales. Fundamentally strong athletic programs do not turn around quickly. We are working hard to build the enterprise for the long term. I am proud of our accomplishments to date and fully recognize we are not there yet. I am confident that our future is bright. I appreciate your feedback and welcome any additional suggestions you have. I do engage with our donor base, such as yourself, and I listen to them. MB

2. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

Interesting?

3. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

He basically just dodged your question entirely. What was interesting about it?

4. The Guest

The Guest Guest

If you substitute the word "intersting" with "the only reasonable answer an Athletic Director could supply to an annonymous fan at this awkward moment in our team's history", it makes more sense.

I'm not ****ting on you Fanatic, BTW. I do appreciate you sharing the response.

5. Buff fanatic

ehhhhh, seems like a (dreaded?) vow of support for DH. Interesting to me (as I said).

6. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

Step up with the first $500k and you'll get more than a form letter perhaps....

7. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

seems safe enough to me. Company line. Thanks for sharing tho :thumbsup:

8. DesertDawg526

DesertDawg526 Resident Dawg Club Member

...seems like a response (not to me) from current UW AD Mark Emmert to fans of UW a year ago, shortly before "He Who Shall Not Be Named" was fired from my alma matter...

I'm still waiting for a response from Bohn with regard to my email sent at halftime of the Toledo game (respectful). I guess I'm just a measly season-ticket holder:popcorn:

Either way, great email and glad to see the response:smile2:

9. MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs Wᴉɐɯᴉ qnɟɟs Club Member

He's probably had a lot of practice as of late. :smile2:

10. 87toInfinity

87toInfinity Well-Known Member

He spoke in one of my classes last week and this was the same response he gave to every question asked, just with different mix of words on each.

He isn't going to give us a sneak peek on his plans with Hawk and he isn't going to tell us that things aren't going as planned.

11. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

:yeahthat:

Bohn always plays things very close to the vest. He's working the angles to make sure all of his options are open to him.

12. Gateway

Gateway Well-Known Member

It sounds like ticket sales, community outreach, etc., are more important than winning and he takes another swipe at the state of the program (convenient excuse) when he says it takes time to turn things around....4 years and counting.

I don't think the game of football is that important to him....his priorities seem to be elsewhere.

But I guess he appreciates hearing from donors and working with them. After all, that's where the money is.

13. sackman

I don't think you could be more incorrect. Bohn understands all too well the importance of football. He was a D-1 quarterback in college. He's not going to be throwing anybody under the bus right now because it wouldn't do any good. He's a bright, calculating guy. His words are chosen carefully, and that's for the best.

14. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

lol - props to whomever wrote the tag on this sucker

15. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

You don't find the fact that CU is going to have the first starship in Division I athletics interesting?? :confused:

16. Gateway

Gateway Well-Known Member

I didn't know he was a Div. 1 QB at one time (where?)....He probably is bright and calculating...for his own good.

I think you are implying that Hawkins may find himself under the bus even if MB doesn't throw him there and then he will deal with it. Probably smart as far as P.R. goes, but meanwhile, fans are going crazy and they are not happy. Does any Bohn supporters KNOW WHY he extended Hawkins when he did? Was there any explanation for it? He wanted to keep him because so many other schools were clamoring for him? I guess I missed that. :huh:

17. Buff fanatic

I think he was a QB at Kansas, though, he wanted to play at CU but wasnt recruited. Maybe somebody can verify that for me, but, pretty sure thats right.

18. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

I believe you are right...

19. sackman

QB at Kansas in late 70's.

At the time he extended Hawk, just about everybody thought it was the right move. They had just come off a bowl season, had beaten WVU in a thrilling game, and were looking like they had really turned the corner. There were worries that his contract status might impact his ability to recruit. There weren't too many people who thought that extending the contract at that time was a bad idea. Of course, it's all gone to sh*t since then, but there was no way of knowing that would happen.

20. The Guest

The Guest Guest

I was in favor of extending his contract. I also thought that the Maiva move to FB was fantastic.

Does anybody remember that episode of Seinfeld where George decides to go against all of his instincts, all of the time, and everything starts going his way? I might want to consider that...

21. SkiTownUSA

SkiTownUSA Administrator Club Member Junta Member

I do remember that episode. Keep us up to date if you decide to run with that idea. :lol:

22. Buff fanatic

[video=youtube;RiwIeJlQGzs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiwIeJlQGzs[/video]