1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Bill McCartney hurting minority coaching prospects?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by buffedup, Nov 28, 2012.

?

Do you think Bill McCartney is damaging minority coaching prospects?

Poll closed Dec 3, 2012.
  1. Yes

20 vote(s)
    76.9%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    23.1%
  1. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

Yes or No?

Do you think that, by creating such a media circus over what does not appear to be in any way a racial issue, Bill McCartney is actually hurting the coaching prospects of minorities?

2. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

Personally, I think this makes it more difficult for qualified minority coaches, because of the needless headaches they may have to face due to race. Great job Bill!

3. Rraalph 3000

Rraalph 3000 Well-Known Member

100% and was my first thought as well......you want to know why African American coaches don't get as many opportunities as Caucasian coaches?? It's because if/when they fail this type of **** happens every single time

4. BuffUp

BuffUp W.T.T.F. Club Member

If anyone (schools) are paying attention this sh** fest, it is scaring the hell out of them.

5. BinaryBuff

BinaryBuff mmmm...beer Club Member

I can't see this helping, but I'm not sure it really would have an impact. I would hope that programs are still looking at the best possible choices to help them succeed and wouldn't go into a hiring thinking about what the fallout might be if the coach fails.

6. Chromeburn

Chromeburn Member

I think it's good that the subject is brought up and addressed in the open. But in this case it is not applicable, despite Mac's assertions to the contrary, Embree was not ready to be a head coach. Even Steven A. Smith said you couldn't argue with Embree's results, they were that bad. He might be ready some day, I think he should go to a small school and learn about recruiting (I think he was lost in that dept) and how to run a college program. This might be an issue at some schools (cough SEC cough) but I don't think it is in Boulder.

7. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Not at all. What hurts them is not getting coordinator positions. Don't blow this "Mac" thing out of proportion. It'll blow over.