What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Is Folsom Field so beautiful...

FootballGazette

it's what pushes recruits over the edge...and makes them commit to the Buffs..I think the stadium is so gorgeous it plays a bigger role in the recruiting process than people give ti credit for

I love Folsom, and the setting is amazing. But Folsom is also a bit of a dump. Not sure how big of a role in plays in recruiting

It's the same stadium we had when we were pulling classes ranked in the 80's.

i think the natural beauty surrounding the stadium makes a bigger impression than colorado natives realize..a lot recruits who visit aren't used to it so i figured it was worth asking what people thought...

i think the natural beauty surrounding the stadium makes a bigger impression than colorado natives realize..a lot recruits who visit aren't used to it so i figured it was worth asking what people thought...

It blew me away when buffson was being recruited as did buffson especially when you are looking at hughs field as your other option

I do think that CU fans underrate the "scenic beauty" thing these days. Mostly as a backlash against how pumpers were overrating it when we sucked as something players would commit to if they could only see it -- despite everything else being a mess.

Being in a top college town with one of the nicest campuses in the nation and an unrivaled scenic view is definitely an advantage in recruiting. But it's the thing that puts CU over the top for a recruit versus a football program that is equivalent on all his primary considerations.

Folsom is the most beautiful stadium I've attended, accounting for the view and surrounding scenery, but then I'm partial to mountain views.

Chapel Hill has the most beautiful stadium, when accounting for the scenery of the student body.

Folsom is the most beautiful stadium I've attended, accounting for the view and surrounding scenery, but then I'm partial to mountain views.

Chapel Hill has the most beautiful stadium, when accounting for the scenery of the student body.
Pics or it didn't happen.

Don't worry about the negative responses. These folks are certified assholes.

I've driven cross country twice (MA to CA) and both times I would sneak into stadiums the whole way because I just love college football stadiums and I think it's awesome to be in there alone in an empty stadium...eventually a maintenance worker politely tells you to leave, but The Cotton Bowl is great, but run down...The Horseshoe in Columbus was probably the best stadium, Iowa has a cool stadium because it's sunk into the ground so it's kinda in a hole...regardless..I love stadiums and wanted to hear what people thought about Folsom (I must admit I've never been)

I guess my point is I've been in a fair amount of stadiums that aren't maintained well but still make quite an impression, perhaps I'm just a romantic for college football history....Also, I was in The Coliseum (USC) last weekend and it's awesome but could definitely use some improvements...and they host an NFL team....so stop hating on Folsom!

Folsom is old and smaller than most of the famous stadiums throughout the country. The mountains in the background along with the flagstone exterior and faces on the west side press box give it a feeling of history and tradition.

Bigger deal is that now that we are winning again if we can get recruits in for games Folsom can be special. The fans are so close to the field all the way around and the stands are very vertical. Add the press box and the east side suites and at field level you feel like the crowd is a part of the game. The sound and the energy are inescapable.

I haven't seen any comments about how loud the crowd was last night. We were doing our part, but being over in 120 near the concourse, it was far from optimal to feel the energy and noise.

Yes, yes it is.
15179108_10154843328448514_861230629564242134_n.jpg

It was was the most beautiful stadium in the world last night. I rewatched the first half and the stadium shots were fantastic. Beauty is only facade deep. It's what's in the Champion's Center that matters.

The stadium and mountain views from the new recruiting room are designed to impress. The architects did their job well. Along with the campus, they set the table. The food still has to be good though. Coaches, football facilities, success, playing opportunity, administrative support, heritage and quality education are the food. CU is now lined up exceptionally well for the recruit who wants to work hard, stay focused on football and his education in a great college town, and, of course, win. In addition, I can't imagine a parent who wouldn't feel comfortable handing their kid over to Coach Mac and this staff.

Folsom is a beautiful stadium and we have awesome new facilities. ...but clearly facilities aren't everything to recruits:

1104stanford.JPG

Folsom is a beautiful stadium and we have awesome new facilities. ...but clearly facilities aren't everything to recruits:

1104stanford.JPG
Do they normally wear white jerseys at home? Still a valid point, and different things appeal to different recruits. What's important about CU now is there are a lot of things that stand out, and the overall draw is way up there.

Back