1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Hansen saving his redshirt or does DH just not care?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by buffs04, Sep 7, 2009.

1. buffs04

buffs04 Well-Known Member

I was told that Tyler didn't play tonight because we are RS'ing him this year and not playing him on purpose.

Anyone able to confirm/deny legitimacy here?

2. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

well with the way the OL is protecting the QB, I would say will be a failed strategy..

Hawk said at no time did he think of replacing the QB and Little Hawk will start Friday... Take it forever that's worth..

3. 14er

14er “Imitation is suicide.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hooking his wagon to cody. Couldn't ask for anything more.

Will cody outlast his father at CU?

4. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

if i was TH, I would not come in unless forced to and my RS would be the most precious thing in the world. This line will make him look terrible and with Hawk possibly gone, hes gonna be the front runner next year no matter what. Great chance to start 3 years straight if he saves that RS.

5. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

It is my understanding that the coaches approached Tyler about the possibility of redshirting, and Hansen was agreeable to it.

As others have said, if I was Tyler Hansen, I would be busting my butt in the classroom and the weight room and enjoying watching the games from the sideline. Fast forward to 2010 as a redshirt sophomore with a different coaching staff and there's certainly big potential there.

Of course, Tyler Hansen is a competitive QB, not an armchair coach like me -- so I am sure if the opportunity presents itself for him to play this year, he will jump at it.

6. TheRoyale90

TheRoyale90 Member

It defies all comprehension that the staff could feel like Cody Hawkins is the QB to rally around during an absolutely crucial year. One more losing season and it won't matter if DH walks on water or turns water into wine on the recruiting trail. Who is going to want to come to a program as apparently derelict as this one? What I saw last night was a badly outcoached, outworked team that looked slow, small, and passive. Just imagine what the top recruits watching last night were thinking. Scott is riding the bench, Hansen is redshirting, Evans is not in fact superman, the WR's appear to be guys they pulled out of the student section. The offense consists entirely of sweeps and screen passes and the lines can't block, tackle, or pass rush. How's Hawk going to spin it to the recruits?

"oh if we just made a few plays here and there... got some calls... fixed the little things".

7. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

a Hansen RS tells me the coaches don't feel they've recruited over him at the position with the current young guys on the roster/commits. which is not very encouraging, even though i like TH's upside.