What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Is it me or does this bowl season suck?

16 is way too many.

Yea I don't know why they wait so long to play the championship game either. They did something even more stupid last year when they had the chance to play the game on a Friday night because there weren't any games on Friday but waited until Monday night instead. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Agreed. College football should be over by Jan 3rd at the latest.

I also remember more games on Jan 1. I hate that they spread out all the big games over the next few days. It's okay to have a lead up with smaller bowls to new years day but all the big ones, except the MNC game, should be done on Jan 1 IMHO.

Agreed. College football should be over by Jan 3rd at the latest.

I also remember more games on Jan 1. I hate that they spread out all the big games over the next few days. It's okay to have a lead up with smaller bowls to new years day but all the big ones, except the MNC game, should be done on Jan 1 IMHO.

What also doesnt make sense is why is the International Bowl on the 3rd? That game sucks and should have been last week. :confused:

I think 16 is the perfect number. How would it destroy the relevance of the regular season? You might get 2-3 teams in there with 3 losses. So what? I've never understood this argument. It makes no sense to me.

16 allows any team with a legitimate claim on the championship a chance to settle the issue on the field. There wouldn't be that many extra games, either. Figure only 4 teams would have 14 or more games. That's what we play today anyway.

Watching the MSU/Georgia game today it occurred to me that if that game were part of a playoff, it would have been sold out. As it was, there were about 10,000 seats empty. Now remind me again how the BCS system makes more money? :huh:

16 is way too many, even 8 might be too many. Rarely can more than 4 teams ever make a legit claim they should be considered and letting 16 teams in would water everything down.

If you lose 3 games (that´s one fourth of your games) during the regular season you don´t have any business playing for a championship.

4 teams, 3 games ... that´s it. Make them work to get a shot the title.

I´d quite honestly puke if a team just did enough during the season to get into the playoffs, got hot at the right time and then went on to win the championship. That could easily happen if you let 16 teams in.

16 teams is WAY too much. Would totally ruin the regular season.

I do agree its dumb that the Championship game is next week.

No way would it ruin anything... The only way you get an automatic invite is to win your conference championship game. If you lose that, you better hope your regular season was good enough to be ranked in the top 4-5 teams that didn't win their conference. Every game would still be vitally important unless you are in a conference where one team is dominant and every other team completely sucks and there is no conference championship game to stumble on, then maybe the last game of the year wouldn't have that much meaning... but the next few weeks after that sure would! That would rarely, if ever happen though.

16 is way too many, even 8 might be too many. Rarely can more than 4 teams ever make a legit claim they should be considered and letting 16 teams in would water everything down.

If you lose 3 games (that´s one fourth of your games) during the regular season you don´t have any business playing for a championship.

4 teams, 3 games ... that´s it. Make them work to get a shot the title.

I´d quite honestly puke if a team just did enough during the season to get into the playoffs, got hot at the right time and then went on to win the championship. That could easily happen if you let 16 teams in.

So you are saying you are not for the best team to be declared the champion then.

16 teams gives everyone who could possibly say they deserve a shot, a shot at winning it all. It also gives the top ranked big boys a chance to beat up on some lower ranked teams and prove their ranking. Also gives those schools that are the best, a reward of having an extra home game or two. If all the money from an extra home game isn't a reward to the ADs then I don't know what is.

You must really hate the way the NCAA does basketball too?

Also if they still want to play those stupid bowl games that only die hard alumni can watch, they can still do those for the teams ranked 17 and below. Everyone wins like this.

4 teams, 3 games ... That´s it. Make them work to get a shot the title.

Bingo!!!!!!! I could not have written it better myself! :thumbsup:

You guys have been smoking too much :smokin: There has been some really good games this year.

Bingo!!!!!!! I could not have written it better myself! :thumbsup:

Sure you could have... What do you do when you have 4 "big school" teams with one loss seasons and then you also have Boise St, TCU, and a sprinkling of others with undefeated seasons, not to mention a half dozen or so others that have one loss??

Until you get an expanded playoff going, the national championship will always be bogus and every other bowl game is a steaming turd.

Sure you could have... What do you do when you have 4 "big school" teams with one loss seasons and then you also have Boise St, TCU, and a sprinkling of others with undefeated seasons, not to mention a half dozen or so others that have one loss??

Until you get an expanded playoff going, the national championship will always be bogus and every other bowl game is a steaming turd.
Come on....if you love college football, then your comment is BS. There have been plenty of bowl games this year that have been a kick to watch, including the friggin Husker game..that Clemson QB really blows, BTW.

You guys have been smoking too much :smokin: There has been some really good games this year.

I don't disagree that there have been good games. For me the issues is that they have been unable to get my emotional buy in since I don't know squat about teams like Troy, Louisiana Tech, Central Michigan, etc.

You must really hate the way the NCAA does basketball too?

That is my exact fear. While March Madness is great, nobody gives two ****s about the regular season. To me, 3+ months of great games is better than 2 weeks of great games.

That is my exact fear. While March Madness is great, nobody gives two ****s about the regular season. To me, 3+ months of great games is better than 2 weeks of great games.

:yeahthat:

As great as the NCAA Tournament is, it renders much of the regular season as ho-hum. Sure, it becomes very meaningful for bubble teams, but it greatly diminishes if not totally negates the regular season importance of the "big games".

Come on....if you love college football, then your comment is BS. .

I think that may be it... I am die-hard for the Buffs but after that, who cares? I used to love watching college football. Now I look at it and wonder, what does the winner of the "Gaylord Hotel Bowl" get? A free night stay in a gay hotel? I mean why bother? It is all so corny now with so many cheesy bowl games.

Could you imagine strolling through Dal Ward and seeing a trophy of a bed and night lamp with a huge "Gaylord Hotel Bowl" branded across the front of it? What about a big bronze weed eater in the case next to the Heisman Trophy and Orange Bowl trophy.

Anyway, the play has seeming dropped off and combine that with teams that really have no business being in some of these games it just isn't interesting.

That said, I am pulling for an undefeated Utah to beat up on Bama big time in the "Who knows who the hell the sponser is Bowl" and hopefully win the AP or whoever it is that still votes at the end of the season.

I think that may be it... I am die-hard for the Buffs but after that, who cares? I used to love watching college football. Now I look at it and wonder, what does the winner of the "Gaylord Hotel Bowl" get? A free night stay in a gay hotel? I mean why bother? It is all so corny now with so many cheesy bowl games.

Could you imagine strolling through Dal Ward and seeing a trophy of a bed and night lamp with a huge "Gaylord Hotel Bowl" branded across the front of it? What about a big bronze weed eater in the case next to the Heisman Trophy and Orange Bowl trophy.

Anyway, the play has seeming dropped off and combine that with teams that really have no business being in some of these games it just isn't interesting.

That said, I am pulling for an undefeated Utah to beat up on Bama big time in the "Who knows who the hell the sponser is Bowl" and hopefully win the AP or whoever it is that still votes at the end of the season.

I know what you mean. I miss the days of the "Blue Bonnet" Bowl, because let's face it...butter and college football are a match made in heaven.

Maybe there have always been alot of crappy bowl games... It just seems like there are more than there used to be. Either way, it isn't nearly as interesting to me.

I know what you mean. I miss the days of the "Blue Bonnet" Bowl, because let's face it...butter and college football are a match made in heaven.

I'm probably taking you too seriously here, but Bluebonnet wasn't actually the sponsor of that game. It was originally named the Bluebonnet Bowl because the bluebonnet is the state flower of Texas.

I'm probably taking you too seriously here, but Bluebonnet wasn't actually the sponsor of that game. It was originally named the Bluebonnet Bowl because the bluebonnet is the state flower of Texas.

Probably?:lol::lol:

Every bowl is better with Blue Bonnet on it.

I think some of the games have been good. I do not watch any game from kickoff to final whistle unless the Buffs are in it - that goes for the regular season also.

I watched most of the Big 12 participants just because I am more familiar with those teams.....All of those games have had some interesting moments. I thought that Okie State would of won if Dez Bryant had not got hurt. As soon as he went down their offense started to struggle.

I thought that Okie State would of won if Dez Bryant had not got hurt. As soon as he went down their offense started to struggle.

It was as if Robinson couldn't find any other receivers. He could throw it perfectly well to Bryant, but would miss wildly when trying to connect with anybody else. Very strange.

I can not get throw even 1 quarter of most of these games if I even bother to turn it on at all. I need the Buffs or the Canes to get good again so I can start caring again I guess. Maybe its the young kids in my house (3 & 5). Maybe Im just getting old. :sad1:

Nope, the games have sucked.. Bowls stink.. Heck, I even watched the Hawks/Red Wings in Wrigley instead of the MichSt/GA or Neb/Clemson game on the 1st..

waiting for the national championship game though..

waiting for the national championship game though..

You missed it dude, Utah won. Time for Nuggets... They have a big home stretch coming up against many winning teams. Do well here and this could really propel them into the second half of the season.

You missed it dude, Utah won. Time for Nuggets... They have a big home stretch coming up against many winning teams. Do well here and this could really propel them into the second half of the season.

I saw the Sugar Bowl and it just reminded me how stupid college football BCS system is.. We should be having a 24-28 or 32 teams playoffs in the middle of Dec to middle of Jan.. Give Team that win conference championships byes for the 1st round and seed the rest..

Back