What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Is mac the man?

I wouldn't necessarily count on getting to a bowl game next year. Go afead and
count CSU (never a sure thing), Idaho St, Ore St and Wazzu as wins. Where are the
other 2?

CSU - Denver

Idaho St - Boulder
ASU
Ore St
UCLA
Utah
Wash St

Arizona - Away
Stanford
Oregon
USC
WSU is not a gimme. CU lost to Oregon, WSU beat Oregon. Record and play indicate WSU is a better team with better results than CU at the moment.

That being said, I believe CU's future head coach is already on staff. In fact, Jim Leavitt is smart, keeping players and future players focused (check out his comments on the Flatirons, Boulder, community, etc... despite bad losses, flat tires on the bus) he just keeps everyone positive. MAC is gone at the end of the year, RG will not repeat the Hawkins scenario. He wants wins now, and MAC simply can't beat a team in a major conference.

WSU is not a gimme. CU lost to Oregon, WSU beat Oregon. Record and play indicate WSU is a better team with better results than CU at the moment.

That being said, I believe CU's future head coach is already on staff. In fact, Jim Leavitt is smart, keeping players and future players focused (check out his comments on the Flatirons, Boulder, community, etc... despite bad losses, flat tires on the bus) he just keeps everyone positive. MAC is gone at the end of the year, RG will not repeat the Hawkins scenario. He wants wins now, and MAC simply can't beat a team in a major conference.

Ok I will play along. Lets say MM is fired. What makes some of the people on this board assume JL is the right guy or that RG would go that route?

Not saying he is not but South Florida was a long time ago by college football standards.

Ok I will play along. Lets say MM is fired. What makes some of the people on this board assume JL is the right guy or that RG would go that route?

Not saying he is not but South Florida was a long time ago by college football standards.

I'm not an advocate of firing at this time but JL may be the best bet.

Keeping him would give us a chance to hold together the best players from this recruiting class, we can't afford another empty class like we would likely get with transition to an outsider.

South Florida was a while ago but it isn't like he has spent those years in a TV booth. He is a coordinator right now, the same position as our best outside candidate probably has this year and prior to CU was working as an NFL coordinator with a guy who is a highly successful head coach.

I'm not an advocate of firing at this time but JL may be the best bet.

Keeping him would give us a chance to hold together the best players from this recruiting class, we can't afford another empty class like we would likely get with transition to an outsider.

South Florida was a while ago but it isn't like he has spent those years in a TV booth. He is a coordinator right now, the same position as our best outside candidate probably has this year and prior to CU was working as an NFL coordinator with a guy who is a highly successful head coach.

That is a fair take. I only disagree with the recruiting portion. Hiring the right guy should always take precedence over one class.

Again I am not saying he is not and I have faith in RG which I never had in Bohn.

That is a fair take. I only disagree with the recruiting portion. Hiring the right guy should always take precedence over one class.

Again I am not saying he is not and I have faith in RG which I never had in Bohn.

Normally I would agree with you regarding recruiting vs. the right guy.

In this case however two factors are in play. One of which is that we don't have the depth of talent right now to absorb losing a class, even a small one. We are finally back to a point where we at least look like we belong on the field against our conference opponents, losing a class would set us back again and take a couple of years to make up.

Bigger is that JL is proving that he can recruit the kind of players we need as evidenced by the offer list of the guys he has committed so far. I doubt that a different guy coming in would recruit as well much less better.

If this class were like recent ones populated mostly by kids who's best offers are mid-level MWC programs then losing the class wouldn't be a big deal.

Back