What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Is the massive turnover we're seeing ok? Or why Reddit CFB fans are clueless

I think it depends on the position. QB is case in point. Shedeur CANNOT get hurt this year.

Got little Bronco PTSD from last year-so I'm holding to my 6-6 pick. That's reasonable and a hell of a first year.
On that note, the 2023 Buffs roster has a lot of similarities to how NFL teams end up being constructed with the smaller rosters. If you've built around a great QB, he better stay healthy or your ceiling is mediocrity. Reliance on stars / playmakers to carry the load with some starters and the positional depth being JAGs who fill a role well but would get exposed in a broader role. We are at least a year away from a starting job meaning you'll get a chance at the NFL and most of our backups being future stars waiting their turn.

On that note, the 2023 Buffs roster has a lot of similarities to how NFL teams end up being constructed with the smaller rosters. If you've built around a great QB, he better stay healthy or your ceiling is mediocrity. Reliance on stars / playmakers to carry the load with some starters and the positional depth being JAGs who fill a role well but would get exposed in a broader role. We are at least a year away from a starting job meaning you'll get a chance at the NFL and most of our backups being future stars waiting their turn.
That's a great point. I actually feel pretty good about the offensive line depth-especially with Sean Lewis as the playcaller. Running an offense that forces the QB to quickly get the ball out of his hands makes protecting him EASIER.

6 wins feels right. That's an unreal first year for Prime-and it likely means a win over Nebraska in his first home game.

Seems like he is pissed a about something CU related. Maybe firing Coach Pizza Party. Maybe running off the G5 players and bring in the Louise. Maybe a general or specific disluke of Coach Prime.

Something crawled up his ass and died.
Louise?

image-1.jpeg

Eh, he has the same opinion as most other national analysts; that CU has Shedeur, Travis and Cormani but absolutely nothing on the OL and DL. This is exactly why I started the depth chart thread. I'm obviously more optimistic than most, but I've never understood the widespread depth concerns. Certain positions, sure, but we have experience everywhere, including the bench, and our frontline talent at most positions is top half of the Pac 12, IMO.
Saying we have nothing on the line is ignorant too. One can simply look at PFF grades and see how guys like Bailey and Washington graded out last year. I'm not sure on Bailey's grades, but didn't Washington grade out in the top 20% of tackles nationally?

Does anyone here subscribe to PFF? I'd be curious what their grades would suggest about our roster and W/L potential.

Does anyone here subscribe to PFF? I'd be curious what their grades would suggest about our roster and W/L potential.
Going left to right:

Tank (55), Bailey (61), Wells (53), Bebee (52 at tackle), Washington (75).

So it's not great just based on last year's grades, but I wouldn't say it's the worst line in college football either.

Wells also had a great pass-block efficiency number and you have to project growth from ascending sophomores. The move to guard should benefit Bebee and I kinda buy the Tank hype. In addition, Shedeur will make the line look better by not taking as many sacks.

My concern with the OL is not size or base skill level. It's if they can effectively implement the SL offensive scheme. If they can do that, and considering BOB came over with SL I believe they can, then things should work out well. Especially considering we have 2 guys on the line that should know the SL base scheme very well.

All I heard was mid-priced whisky and Kirkland soda ramblings…and the wife about to come in to tell him to “for the last damn time, get off of the ****ing computer and bring the basket of clothes upstairs!!”

Note - don’t know who this person is, nor do I give a ****…

Going left to right:

Tank (55), Bailey (61), Wells (53), Bebee (52 at tackle), Washington (75).

So it's not great just based on last year's grades, but I wouldn't say it's the worst line in college football either.

Wells also had a great pass-block efficiency number and you have to project growth from ascending sophomores. The move to guard should benefit Bebee and I kinda buy the Tank hype. In addition, Shedeur will make the line look better by not taking as many sacks.
Paramount Network Rip GIF by Yellowstone

Gotta be honest here.

Paramount Network Rip GIF by Yellowstone

Gotta be honest here.
I'm not worried about Washington, and BeBee isn't going to start. Now...we have to hope that coaching or lack thereof had a lot to do with how bad some of these holdovers may have looked at times, and I'm sure that Lewis will make sure to mask any deficiencies with quick passes.

I'm more worried about run blocking than pass pro, honestly.

Reddit is hopping mad at Prime again this morning:

Actually that top post is an interesting read. There seems to be some bias in what the guy says (e.g. "No Depth chart but sounds like he will start at the Nickel/Star position."), and it will be interesting to see how some of those players pan out at their new programs. There are definitely guys who left who would have made CU better this year. If there are any significant injuries on the DL this season we'll all be longing for Sami for example.

Reddit died somewhere around 2012. Such a cringe site lol
Reddit's value to any given user is massively dependent on tuning the list of subscribed subreddits.

it's not much use if you don't have a sub list and just go with popular (unless you're really into video games, anime and pop culture)

Actually that top post is an interesting read. There seems to be some bias in what the guy says (e.g. "No Depth chart but sounds like he will start at the Nickel/Star position."), and it will be interesting to see how some of those players pan out at their new programs. There are definitely guys who left who would have made CU better this year. If there are any significant injuries on the DL this season we'll all be longing for Sami for example.
I feel as though there are multiple guys listed who we would have liked having on this team as it would have made some depth concerns a non issue, but I don’t see anyone on that list who would be starting for this team.

Last edited:
If Prime exceeds expectations, he would deserve coach of the year accolades. Building a team out of a transfer portal group is something noteworthy. Building a team that comes together through adversity from that group is full on. Particularly getting cohesive play on the O Line. Experience and knowing and trusting what the guy next to will do in a given situation are two different things. I’m looking forward to seeing it on the field.

There are definitely guys who left who would have made CU better this year. If there are any significant injuries on the DL this season we'll all be longing for Sami for example.

Sami is a classic jag. Six years of meh. CU could have back filled with quite a few Sami level players. Outside of Reed and Roddick I really do not believe CU lost players that would have made a difference this season.

Eh, he has the same opinion as most other national analysts; that CU has Shedeur, Travis and Cormani but absolutely nothing on the OL and DL. This is exactly why I started the depth chart thread. I'm obviously more optimistic than most, but I've never understood the widespread depth concerns. Certain positions, sure, but we have experience everywhere, including the bench, and our frontline talent at most positions is top half of the Pac 12, IMO.
You know, he’s a college football analyst who evaluates a lot of teams. He’s looking at CU from the 20,000 ft. level. He probably is basing his opinions on what he’s hearing from national media and, probably, what he saw in the spring “game.” But if he’s working 40 to 60 hours a week analyzing every team in the country, he may have taken 10 or 15 minutes to look at us.

bad news bro.

View attachment 63734
Quality =/= quantity

Was much better in the Wild West days but normiefication ruined it just like everything else great in this world. Once the normies find out about an enclave and swarm it, it’s over. See: almost any outdoor area/private equity as a business model/social media/old people using Facebook to screech about politics and post selfies in their car with sunglasses while scowling/etc

Mass market corpo appeal = bad

<<they>> always pave paradise with a fkn parking lot my dude

You know, he’s a college football analyst who evaluates a lot of teams. He’s looking at CU from the 20,000 ft. level. He probably is basing his opinions on what he’s hearing from national media and, probably, what he saw in the spring “game.” But if he’s working 40 to 60 hours a week analyzing every team in the country, he may have taken 10 or 15 minutes to look at us.
I think that's the point folks are making here. This is an entirely new thing that's happening that deserves more focus and understanding. Using the same ol' metrics when they don't apply is lazy. If it's fundamentally different, take a little time to understand it.

Cleaning house was about culture more than about talent. The standard in the program was woefully inadequate in every way. There are only so many people you can keep around from that without risking negativity from people who had gotten comfortable in that or resented having to re-earn a job. That sh!t would have infected Coach Prime's program to the point where he'd have been looking at a McCartney timeline for rebuild instead of being able to expect winning immediately and contending within 2-3 years.

Last edited:
MLC, Tyson.
I liked MLC and Tyson and others, but I am not sure if it would not have been better to just clean house 100%, even walk-ons.
I have taken over Varsity High School Soccer Teams, and it takes 3 years minimum to rebuild, retool, and retrain the minds of the players that played for another coach, especially if that coach was a weak leader, and the inmates were running the asylum.

Prime is doing exactly what was needed, and the excitement and hate we are getting is justified by the ole guard, celebrated by the new guard, and the worst thing is that other coaches are telling their players that Prime is bad news because he would have ran them out of town if they were in his program, so aren't they glad they have a rich white guy foosball coach that is loving them up now. I love Prime and his ways, the only thing about the program that surprises me is the few coaches that cuss like sailors. Prime does not cuss, Lewis does not cuss, Kelly does not cuss, so I am amazed he allows Sal and Brew and some others just scream obsenities all day long. I can see that evolving also, as Prime does not change who people are, he let's them figure it out, or he allows/encourages them to find a new place to preach.

Back