What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

It wasn't this bad in 2009

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
I was thinking about how angry I was that season about how poorly the team performed.

Just now, I decided to go through that season's games.

Game 1: Lost 17-23 to CSU
Game 2: Lost 38-56 at Toledo
Game 3: Won 24-0 vs Wyoming
Game 4: Lost 24-35 at West Virginia
Game 5: Lost 14-38 at #2 Texas (led late and then had a Pick 6 and some special teams issues)
Game 6: Won 34-30 vs #17 Kansas
Game 7: Lost 6-20 at Kansas State
Game 8: Lost 17-36 vs Missouri
Game 9: Won 35-34 vs Texas A&M
Game 10: Lost 10-17 at Iowa State
Game 11: Lost 28-31 at #12 Oklahoma State
Game 12: Lost 20-28 vs Nebraska

Final Record: 3-9

Worst Loss: -24 points on the road at #2 Texas

Thinking back, I believe I was so angry because I saw a team that could have been really good if it weren't for Collins mishandling the defense, Riddle mishandling the special teams, and Hawkins mishandling personnel (ex., Cody/Tyler, RBs, position groups, etc.).

It was a very different situation to be mad because we could have been good and weren't getting it done due to some coaching gaffes.

Now, there isn't even the feeling that we can be good because the coaches don't even put us in the position to compete.

Today, we lose 31-56 to a team that we beat last year, was only 1 game ahead of us in the conference standings, had the 2nd worst defense in the Pac-12, didn't have its starting QB... and I end up feeling that we did better than expected.

That's just sad.

Back