1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's Clear Embree had the same foolish pride Bawk did

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Drewdown, Sep 1, 2013.

1. Drewdown

Drewdown Club Member Club Member

Embree stuck with "his guy" in Webb last year. Watching Wood today confirms we finally have a coach that will play his best players. Embree was "boys" with his players. Coach Mac is a coach that will put out the squad that gives us the best chance to win. I know it's early and were gonna have some rough games but man, I haven't felt this good about a coaching staff and head coach in a long time!! My one concern is Powell. What is the magnitude of his injury and is he "injury prone" due to his playing style? Go Buffs! Bleeding Black and Gold today!
    Cheers,
    Drewdown

2. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

Agree with you on Embree and "his guys." At the same time he could have played Wood last year without much change in results.

That is because Embree was not only going to play his guys but do things his way, regardless of what the players were suited to do.

Wood is much more talented than Webb but I also saw a coaching staff that gave him every opportunity to succeed. They didn't ask him to make complicated reads or changes at the LOS, he didn't have to wait for the play or for large scale substitutions so he had time to comfortably process each play and do his job. He didn't have to deal with a gallon of profanity laced spit in his ear each time he came off the field, instead he got encouragement and simple coaching and adjustments.

It's a difference between tearing a kid down or building him up. The QB is the most visible player but it seemed that the above held true for the entire team. I saw a team that was more relaxed, enjoying themselves, and in a better frame of mnd to deal with the negatives as well.

3. OUBuff

OUBuff American Club Member

True, but it looks like it was a LOS read and adjustment that led to PRich's second TD. Wood is capable of that too I guess.

4. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

Didn't say he wasn't asked to make reads, only that he was asked to make reads and adjustments that he was ready to handle. Big difference between simple reads and adjustments and what Embree was trying to do last year running a pro based system.

Also way easier to make those reads and adjustments when they are lined up over the ball with 17-20 seconds left on the play clock instead of rushing out of the huddle to avoid a delay penalty.

5. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

If Wood had played last year, it might have ruined him. I'm glad he sat and had so much free time to hang out bonding with P-Rich.

6. OUBuff

OUBuff American Club Member

wasn't disagreeing with you. just pointing out that he appears to have the confidence to make adjustments and also apparently the approval of the coaching staff to make those decisions.

7. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

^^^ This. Major blessing in disguise. Starting throughout that debacle is enough to ruin a QB.