What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Jeffcoat FIRED!

Howell really pointed out how many high school DL recruits actually started under MacIntyre...no good DL coach would keep his job under those circumstances.

Must be pretty close to a hire.
That is what makes sense to me given the personalities in the football program. But still, I wouldn't be all that surprised if nothing is in the works and this was allowed to be released because Jeffcoat already found a job.

Baby steps.

Am I correct in saying Bernardi is the only assistant who was on MM’s original staff?

"With Jeffcoat's departure, just two assistants — co-offensive coordinator/offensive line coach Klayton Adams and tight ends coach Gary Bernardi — remain from the original staff MacIntyre brought to Boulder five years ago."

I take no pleasure in someone losing their job, especially as coach Jeffcoat seems like a good person, but this needed to happen.
I don't either. However, one, its a business and, two, he got quite a bit of time compared to others especially when things were clearly wrong here.

That is what makes sense to me given the personalities in the football program. But still, I wouldn't be all that surprised if nothing is in the works and this was allowed to be released because Jeffcoat already found a job.
A hire may not be imminent, but it is certainly in the works, especially since Adam has had this info for a little bit now. My completely uneducated guess is the hire is known in some capacity by Monday.

Not quite what the thread title states, although almost certainly true.

Not only did CU's DL suck four out of five years under Jeffcoat, the article points out how many high school recruits Jeffcoat started for the Buffs and it's not even at 10 total starts. Recruiting and player development hasn't been that good under Jeffcoat. Any decent coach knows he'd get fired with that kind of performance.

This had to happen
Good people losing their jobs is no fun, but time seemed to be up
MM follows the Bill Parcells take it slow approach that applies to the NFL? Not college!
There are a hell of a lot more teams in college, most with more money than we do, and thus MM has to pull out a magical hire, rather than be more upfront, more aggressive, and more out in front of the pack. I strongly feel that MM has 1-2 years at most to remain here. If only 2 of your original coaches are still here, then the line of origination is not that far from the source. He also needs to be so much more outspoken and confident in what he wants to do, instead of being so sneaky quiet about two of the most important hires that he needs to make. These two hires could make a major difference!

Yup he seems like a good guy and I wish him well but no need to pretend like he is leaving because there was overwhelming demand for his services among the top schools.

It will be interesting to see where he surfaces.

I hope the replacement is somebody who is an effective recruiter. On-field coaching is important but looking at the group of guys both schools had on the DL Monday night I'm thinking more than a few guys on this board could coach those groups to be at least if not more effective than our DL was this last season. Talent matters

Yup he seems like a good guy and I wish him well but no need to pretend like he is leaving because there was overwhelming demand for his services among the top schools.

It will be interesting to see where he surfaces.

I hope the replacement is somebody who is an effective recruiter. On-field coaching is important but looking at the group of guys both schools had on the DL Monday night I'm thinking more than a few guys on this board could coach those groups to be at least if not more effective than our DL was this last season. Talent matters

Doesn't CSU have a vacancy there? Kidding. Joe Salave'a is pursuing other opportunities isn't he? Heard he might wind up in Tucson if Rick Neuheisel takes that job.

Not only did CU's DL suck four out of five years under Jeffcoat, the article points out how many high school recruits Jeffcoat started for the Buffs and it's not even at 10 total starts. Recruiting and player development hasn't been that good under Jeffcoat. Any decent coach knows he'd get fired with that kind of performance.

It's like it took Howell pointing out the obvious to really open up your eyes on the job Jeffcoat was doing.

Doesn't CSU have a vacancy there? Kidding. Joe Salave'a is pursuing other opportunities isn't he? Heard he might wind up in Tucson if Rick Neuheisel takes that job.
Salave'a just extended his contract, only way he leaves is for a promotion at his alma mater.

Salave'a is an Arizona alum. I'd hire him as head coach before I hired Slick. Hed maybe leave Oregon for UA.

Salave'a just extended his contract, only way he leaves is for a promotion at his alma mater.
I believe his contract says he can leave for any dc job if it involves play calling duties or he can go to Arizona.

Best wishes to Jeffcoat in his future endeavors.

I appreciate his contributions to The Rise and thank him for his efforts to develop young men during his tenure with the Colorado Buffaloes.

4EverBuff

Back